Desert Island IX: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the results thread, only 16 people competed last time. I don't know if someone forgot to vote or what, but that's pretty bad.

People always fall through so we may not get 19+ but I'm glad that a lot of people are interested anyway.

Okay I just downloaded the latest version of itunes and I need help! My playlist is showing as 1.9 hours and I need to change this damn thing to minutes so that I can understand how long the damn thing is. In old versions, one could change this by simply clicking on the duration itself. The new one doesn't seem to work that way... :help:!!

Edit:sorry I just offered you the same steps you already tried.

?

I take it you don't have the latest version then. This latest version looks all cool and all but there is no apparent option to switch the duration from hours to minutes! Surely (hopefully) they haven't removed that option entirely! :no:

I'll download it later and let you know what I find. Right now, assuming .1 = 6 minutes, you're at about 114 minutes.

Ah ok thanks LM. :D The thing is it is a bit hard to figure out to the exact minute when it shows in hours. Don't know why they changed that easy clickable option.

I think I remember using a calculator at some point last time I participated.

Goddamnit it's practically impossible to make anything segue into Rebellion(Lies)!! lol. But I'm not gonna let that take away from this experience.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's lists. :drool:

Goddamnit it's practically impossible to make anything segue into Rebellion(Lies)!! lol. But I'm not gonna let that take away from this experience.

Man that takes me back. Everyone used to complain about that when DI first started out and we didn't have to pretend to like Arcade Fire.

You were all pretending back then, you just didn't just didn't know it yet.

Bugger i didn't even notice this was going on, is the 20th spot still unfilled? If not ahh well, i'll look forward to checkin out the entries. I've been introduced to some good music over the years via the desert island comps, namely Pure Reason Revolution and I think Mew as well.

You made it! We have not filled the 20th spot, so you're good.

Did DI7 fill up? I feel like this is the first time we've done that in a while.

Thanks and a big woop woop. Just out of curiosity is there anywhere that has collated all the old playlists together or should I just search on the forum for the old ones? It's been a while since I've last participated and don't have any copies of my previous entries. Just trying to avoid duplicating anything.

You made it! We have not filled the 20th spot, so you're good.

Did DI7 fill up? I feel like this is the first time we've done that in a while.

It's a bit deceiving because we had some dropouts after the original signups.

Both DI7 and DI8 filled up 20 spots within four days. In fact, if you recall, I put myself as the first alternate for DI8 because I had been thinking about not submitting a playlist and just running the tournament. I eventually entered when a couple of people decided they couldn't do it.

The difference here is the influx of newbies, which always it makes it more interesting in regards to hearing some different musical tastes.

Thanks and a big woop woop. Just out of curiosity is there anywhere that has collated all the old playlists together or should I just search on the forum for the old ones? It's been a while since I've last participated and don't have any copies of my previous entries. Just trying to avoid duplicating anything.

I used to have a page that listed all playlists from every DI edition, but my free Apple subscription ran out, so I didn't bother maintaining it. But since I'm not running it this time, I could probably dig everything up and list it here for everyone to see.

It's a bit deceiving because we had some dropouts after the original signups.

Both DI7 and DI8 filled up 20 spots within four days. In fact, if you recall, I put myself as the first alternate for DI8 because I had been thinking about not submitting a playlist and just running the tournament. I eventually entered when a couple of people decided they couldn't do it.

The difference here is the influx of newbies, which always it makes it more interesting in regards to hearing some different musical tastes.

Ah OK, I didn't feel like searching through all the threads to see if there were just a ton of dropouts. I hope everyone can come up with a playlist but I realize there are a lot of variables behind that. Plenty of things can go wrong.

If you're up to compiling playlists again, it would be extremely helpful. I backed everyone into a corner by disallowing repeat tracks without providing a huge master list.

Hey LM, why not use Google Drive for uploading songs?! I was thinking about this. As long as you have a gmail account and I give you permission to access my files, I can upload all the song files in there. Do you have a gmail acct?

That is a great idea, but I would imagine Google has some policy or another about sharing copyrighted materials.

I'm getting a bit of a list together, but my spot's still open for anybody else who wants to compete. Not sure I'll have the time to listen to nineteen other lists.

Back
Top Bottom