Desert Island Game II: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. How the hell did I miss this thread?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm sure there's going to be some pretty abstract stuff to come out.

Boohiss. :madspit:

You assumed correctly. :wink:

Ah well, I'm having a hard enough time narrowing down my playlist as it is. Probably saves me some trouble in the end.

FitzChivalry said:
It seems like avante-garde, abstract music is prized much above mainstream songs.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. I don't think anyone here is going to be including songs by Kayo Dot, Sunn O))), Sculptured, or Alarum. Though I was very tempted to use a Sculptured song (I would've if it didn't contain death vocals), and I'd love anyone who does. :drool:

Then again, I get this feeling what I consider "avant garde" and "abstract" music is enough to make what you consider to be avant-garde and abstract look mainstream. :wink:

I've submitted my tracklisting now and I'll be very interested to see how it goes. I followed a more melodic route than last time, wholly avoiding hyper-technical stuff or anything with death vocals. I'm quite happy with the song selection - there are some really beautiful songs here and I hope that everyone here takes the time to check out the bands they haven't heard of. Especially Sparkle That Shines by Straitjacket Fits and Christenings by Blackfield.

I just want to remind everyone that you can submit your playlist/questionare before you submit the links. It might be helpful to Axver, LMP and I. By submitting your playlists before you start uploading you would allow use more time for grouping and making sure that all rules were followed.

Thank you and continued luck on your playlists. :up:

FitzChivalry said:
It seems like avante-garde, abstract music is prized much above mainstream songs.

If so, then I'll be "OUT!" faster than Kramer in "The Contest"! :lol:

But I don't care. I love my playlist!

Nope, look at the last contest.

It's liamcool.

I remember him posting he didn't know what Ultravox song to post, and this playlist is Prog-tastic.

atleast I think it's him.

:shrug:

It wasn't mine. I haven't submitted yet. Soon. I'm waiting to find out if a particular song is an official release or a White Label mix. If it's official, I'll have some last minute re-arranging to do. But I will try to have mine in by the end of the week.

:)

Damn...seems like i missed it. I'll be a regular voter again. I loved this game last time and it looks more interesting with one artist - one song.

XHendrix24 said:
Boohiss. :madspit:

You assumed correctly. :wink:

Ah well, I'm having a hard enough time narrowing down my playlist as it is. Probably saves me some trouble in the end.

I keep changing my mind!.....Arghhhh...it's insane...I almost feel guilty not including some songs.

fly so high! said:
I keep changing my mind!.....Arghhhh...it's insane...I almost feel guilty not including some songs.

I'm with you there. This is killing me. :scream:

My advice is to do it and send it in.

You'll be wanting to change songs will into the tourney, trust me.

The best thing to do is just send whatever you have right now in.

dazzlingamy said:
should i stay or should i go vs Rock The Casbah vs London Calling

EEEP! help?! :wink:

Rock The Casbah!

dazzlingamy said:
oh one other thing, we can do solo artists and bands right? As in Robbie and Take That??*

* i am not actually using robbie and take that, its just an example as to shroud you in wonder :p

Yeah, that sort of thing is quite alright. I'm using a couple of examples of that, e.g. songs by Neil Finn, Crowded House, and Split Enz.

I'll have mine in hopefully by tomorrow night. :)

Somehow everything started to fall into place last night.... :drool:

I'd not realised there was someone in front of me when Souly PM'd me. I haven't got a problem if DreamOutLoud wants to take the freed up slot.

OK, yes, DreamOutLoud rightly deserves the right of first refusal of any freed spot. DOL, if you don't want the spot, it's adrball's.

I sent in my list.
I guess my theme is: if I can only listen to 160 minutes worth of music on an island for the rest of my life then I better not be restricted to 1 theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom