Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear some finished entries early if you guys don't mind, since I'll be gone before the deadline.

prisonjake@yahoo.com

I'll send you mine as well, if you're interested.

L-Mel, when I click your download link it says:

"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

Last edited:
That means what it says it means; it's just temporary unavailable. Try it again, and it should work. It's working here. :yes:

I had been refreshing and it wasn't working, but it's working now.

I've finished my list, just need to do a write-up, cover, and upload.

OCD ftl.

Thanks, your list/concept looks exciting. I really dug your last entry.

You're telling me. I think I went through about 20 different playlists to finally get to this one. :wink:

Last edited:
I went through about three playlists before deciding on this one. Hope it blows your mind.

I'm still undecided about whether or not to join up if we do a fifth installment. I just don't want to start repeating the same artists over and over again. :huh:

Lack of Effort FTW

I made one list, and revised it once, and that's where I am.

I'm actually done, but just am too lazy to attempt an upload.

It's hard not to. Even if you do have repeating artists, as long as you vary up the type of song you use, it's cool in my book.

I tend to rely on songs from soundtracks too much though. Oh well, they kick ass anyway.

Oh, I think I used 80% of the artists I used in my first list this time around.

My playlist is a completely different animal than last time, too. Probably will lead to an epic collapse, but whatever.

You'd think that, with a collection of like 550 albums, I'd be able to avoid repeating myself, but it's really not that simple. :lol: You naturally gravitate towards the music you love, and I probably really love about 70 different artists. Not much variety there.

LemonMelon said:
You'd think that, with a collection of like 550 albums, I'd be able to avoid repeating myself, but it's really not that simple. :lol: You naturally gravitate towards the music you love, and I probably really love about 70 different artists. Not much variety there.

Exactly.

Of the 35 songs/artists from my last list, I'm using 16 or so for a list of 40 deep. It was lower before, but the list wasn't as good.

Hey, I have respect for folks that have been in this competition the previous three times and keep topping themselves. Your last list had some very notable moments of greatness, and I'm expecting very much the same.

Not sure about Danimal, since it's his first time. :hmm:

LemonMelon said:
Hey, I have respect for folks that have been in this competition the previous three times and keep topping themselves. Your last list had some very notable moments of greatness, and I'm expecting very much the same.

Oh thanks, but I was referring to versions of the list I've been working on, not my other lists.

Those were kickass. :wink:

Glad you have such professional quality control. :up:

I just picked songs out of a hat for my list.

The fact that the sequencing is so good and that it falls together in the form of a musical is sheer coincidence, and didn't involve months of careful listening and planning. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

I have much less music than you guys due to being limited to purchasing most of mine with a limited budget. Also, my parents listen to remarkably little music, so I have nothing to build on.

Thus, my playlist has mostly the same artists.

I figure bragging about your work is completely and truly unnecessary since it's all just opinion anyway, and if it's truly good you won't have to say a word, but what the hell. Have to pass the time somehow.

Hype ain't a bad thing.

phillyfan26 said:

I have much less music than you guys due to being limited to purchasing most of mine with a limited budget. Also, my parents listen to remarkably little music, so I have nothing to build on.

Don't matter to me, I've always liked your lists.

phillyfan26 said:

You still might do very well, or even win the thing. Your tastes are pretty similar to the rest of the Musketeers, and we've all done pretty well. :wink: Just make sure it's sequenced well, cross your fingers, and hope for the best.

Don't know if I'll have time to listen to all the lists when the competition begins, but I can give it a shot. Any early lists/links can be sent here: madeleines mom at yahooooooooooooooooooooo

I just like saying yahooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mine is finishing at 23 tracks, 120 minutes.

I like this one. It's not quite as sequenced as the symphonic, but still relatively well. It's oddly organized (or, at least, over-organized), with two discs and two sides to each disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom