Desert Island Album Game II: GRAND FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklist do you prefer?

• LemonMacPhisto's tracklist

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • U2VertigoFly's tracklist

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Axver's tracklist

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
my $ .02:

this competition has gone on for a looooong time and i think all of the finalists tracklists have more than proved their mettle, so i think it should just stand as Co-Champions. i think LMP and U2Vertigo have BOTH more than earned the title of "Champion" by this point . . . . . it's been what? over 2 months since this comp. started?

yeah, i think they've both staved off enough competitiors.

they've each earned it. :yes:

Here are my arguments for having co-champions:

1. LMP won the first game so it's not taking anything away from him to share this championship.
2. I'm not sure the outcome would change that much if we added another final. All three playlists were close so another final would be decided on a one or two votes. Then you get into who shows up to vote rather than a fair battle of playlists.
3. It wouldn't make sense to spend more time on what would ammount to spliting hairs.

Screwtape2 said:
Here are my arguments for having co-champions:

2. I'm not sure the outcome would change that much if we added another final. All three playlists were close so another final would be decided on a one or two votes. Then you get into who shows up to vote rather than a fair battle of playlists.
3. It wouldn't make sense to spend more time on what would ammount to spliting hairs.

:up:

:yes:

FitzChivalry said:
my $ .02:

this competition has gone on for a looooong time and i think all of the finalists tracklists have more than proved their mettle, so i think it should just stand as Co-Champions. i think LMP and U2Vertigo have BOTH more than earned the title of "Champion" by this point . . . . . it's been what? over 2 months since this comp. started?

yeah, i think they've both staved off enough competitiors.

they've each earned it. :yes:

Exactly. Look at who they went through:

LMP: FlySoHigh!, IMP, Gibsongirl, Lancemc
U2VF: MacPhistoPT, Fitz, Screwtape and tied with Axver

Also, 54 people voted and honestly how many people actually visit B&C? Were not going to get a pool of voters like that again.

give it to U2VertigoFly, I've already won one.

Just make sure it's noted I gave him permission to win :wink:

on the off chance axver wakes up and you guys decide to let the poll run longer, feel free to shoot me an email or pm and let me know and i can reopen the poll.

i like the playlists of everyone in this round so i think co-champions is :up:

I know I sound like a broken record but remember to vote in the Critic's Corner:

Screwtape2 said:
:wave: :wave: :wave:

You have 12 hours to get in your nominations for the Critic's Choice Awards.

I still need nominations from:
Axver
Adrball
Bono_man2002
Bono’s Shades
DazzinglyAmy
FlySoHigh!
FitzChivalry
Gibsongirl
IMP
Lancemc
LemonMacPhisto
Liamcool
LJT
MacPhistoPT
Phanan
Salome
XHendrix

The deadline is 3pm on 15 May, Australian eastern standard time. This is 5am the same day Greenwich Mean Time (an hour BEHIND British summer time, so 6am in London), 1am the same day US eastern savings time, and 10pm on 14 May in US Pacific savings time.

Rank your top 3 in these categories (remember that you may NOT vote for yourself):

Best-
Most creative-
Most diverse-
Best songs-
Best mood-
Best flow-
Most unique-

Then send them to InaKafkaTragedy@aol.com

Thanks.

Shit, a tie! Didn't expect that. When I went to bed, it actually looked like myself and U2VF were going to tie for second.

I favour co-champions at this point but haven't really the time to do anything. I need to go to university and won't be back for about 5-6 hours. Please, keep discussing things - I'll probably do whatever the consensus is.

And go vote in the critics' choice if you haven't yet! :yes:

Actually, hmm, after thinking about it, my current inclination is to actually open it for another day. I was originally going to run the final for 3 days but scheduled it for only 2 as that's been the tournament standard. Plus, I feel another round would be anti-climactic and not necessarily attract as many voters - 54 is remarkable. However, opening it for another day may just allow a couple of people to come in and break the tie.

What does everyone say?

Anyway, I have to go, I'll be out for 5-6 hours. If the consensus is to reopen the poll, I'm cool if a mod goes ahead and does that in my absence.

Axver said:
Actually, hmm, after thinking about it, my current inclination is to actually open it for another day. I was originally going to run the final for 3 days but scheduled it for only 2 as that's been the tournament standard. Plus, I feel another round would be anti-climactic and not necessarily attract as many voters - 54 is remarkable. However, opening it for another day may just allow a couple of people to come in and break the tie.

What does everyone say?

Anyway, I have to go, I'll be out for 5-6 hours. If the consensus is to reopen the poll, I'm cool if a mod goes ahead and does that in my absence.

Actually an extension would work well because when the poll ends at around this time we can start up the wrap up thread. I'd prefer to start a wrap up thread at about this time. I think I'll get a mod to extend it.

Last edited:
Screwtape2 said:

Actually an extension would work well because when the poll ends at around this time we can start up the wrap up thread. I'd prefer to start a wrap up thread at about this time. I think I'll get a mod to extend it.

:yes:

Altars? I guess I could make one up. For a price :hmm:
evilidea.gif

Glad to see it's been reopened. When does it end now though? 24 hours from when it was reopened, or is just 3 days from when I made the thread? I hope it's the former, as the latter's in the wee hours of the morning my time and I don't stay up that late in the middle of the week!

Now, is there a 55th person out there? Or, preferably from my perspective, 55th, 56th, 57th, and 58th people out there who are madly in love with my tracklist?

Also, with this extension, it makes sense to allow an extra day for people to get critics' choice stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom