Desert Island Album Game II: GRAND FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklist do you prefer?

• LemonMacPhisto's tracklist

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • U2VertigoFly's tracklist

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Axver's tracklist

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
peterotoolelawrenceofareq5.jpg

LMP's list is fantastic, and at the outset of this competition, probably would have been the one I voted for.

But I downloaded Axver's list and really enjoyed most of it, and it is structured and flows very well. So even though LMP has Springsteen and many other of my favorite artists, I'm voting for Axver here.

There seems to always be less votes on the 2nd day and I don't think we've had a match in this game in which the total number of votes were in the 40's so this looks to end a one or two point game. It's nice to finish out the game with two really close matches.

By the way, I justed wanted to remind people of this:

Axver said:

I have sent an e-mail to all contestants regarding the critics' choice awards. If you are a contestant and have not received anything, let me know! You have about 60 hours from this post before the deadline for submitting nominations.

You still have more than a day to submit your nominations but don't wait too long. :wink:

LMP got my vote, great playlist, Axver was a close second

Kenny had the best songs of the lot probably but I felt the others "felt" better overall

Axver said:
I'd say anyone who decides not to download tracks by bands they've never heard of because they assume it's a genre they don't like is being presumptuous and ignorant to say the least.
i agree. i downloaded everyone's tracklistings who upped them and listened to them. i even created a little folder for all the desert island playlists i created (one per person obvs). the only time i ever looked at or compared individual songs is when it was extremely close and i basically needed something to break the tie.

speaking of which, the critics' choice awards was fun and i hope everyone i voted for wins :D

U2vertigofly. Great songs, thought it flowed very well.

And on the whole not-downloading-because-on-genre thing, I doubt I will ever download a death metal or even metal song on a recommendation because I just can't stand the genre. The song might be all atmospheric and whatever, but I just can't appreciate a singer exposing their throat on the microphone.

COBL_04 said:
And on the whole not-downloading-because-on-genre thing, I doubt I will ever download a death metal or even metal song on a recommendation because I just can't stand the genre. The song might be all atmospheric and whatever, but I just can't appreciate a singer exposing their throat on the microphone.

1. Learn what metal is. What you just described by no means covers all metal.
2. I don't think anyone had any metal songs in their playlists. A few bands on my playlist have made metal, but I did not choose their metal songs. (e.g. Orphaned Land are a metal band, but the song I included is a very soft one - hell, it makes The Fly sound metal!)

phanan said:
The votes really spiked over the last several hours. When I last checked it was still running very even.

This is just nuts - 50 votes! Definitely a record. I suppose grand finals draw crowds ...

:wave: :wave: :wave:

You have 12 hours to get in your nominations for the Critic's Choice Awards.

I still need nominations from:
Axver
Adrball
Bono_man2002
Bono’s Shades
DazzinglyAmy
FlySoHigh!
FitzChivalry
Gibsongirl
IMP
Lancemc
LemonMacPhisto
Liamcool
LJT
MacPhistoPT
Phanan
Salome
XHendrix

The deadline is 3pm on 15 May, Australian eastern standard time. This is 5am the same day Greenwich Mean Time (an hour BEHIND British summer time, so 6am in London), 1am the same day US eastern savings time, and 10pm on 14 May in US Pacific savings time.

Rank your top 3 in these categories (remember that you may NOT vote for yourself):

Best-
Most creative-
Most diverse-
Best songs-
Best mood-
Best flow-
Most unique-

Then send them to InaKafkaTragedy@aol.com

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back