Desert Island Album Game: Heat 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• liamcool's tracklisting

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Souly's tracklisting

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Desert Island Album Game: Heat 4

Please vote for the tracklisting you LIKE THE MOST.

Welcome to the fourth round of the Interference Desert Island Album Game! The premise of this game is that the Interference forum has been stranded on a desert island and we can take only TWO CDs of up to 80 minutes of music each. The object is to see which member of the forum can fit the most musical goodness onto these two CDs.

In the last round, yertle-the-turtle decisively beat Axver by 21 votes to 8, meaning that yertle-the-turtle progresses to a quarter final against VertigoGal!

In this round, tracklistings made by liamcool and Souly face off against each other. Below, you will find their tracklistings. If you are unfamiliar with the songs included, we can help you hear them! Just leave your e-mail address. This poll will be open for TWO DAYS.

THE TRACKLISTINGS!

Forum name: liamcool

Disc A:

01) Pink Floyd - “Astronomy Domine” - Ummagumma (8:29)
02) Joy Division - “Passover” - Closer (4:46)
03) King Crimson - “21st Century Schizoid Man” - The Court Of The Crimson King (7:21)
04) Porcupine Tree - “Wedding Nails” - In Absentia (6:33)
05) Dream Theater - “Trial Of Tears” - Live At Budokan (13:49)
06) Pink Floyd - “Marooned” - The Division Bell (5:29)
07) Joy Division - “Heart And Soul” - Closer (5:51)
08) The Cure - “Play For Today” - Seventeen Seconds (3:40)
09) The Jam - “The Eton Rifles” - Setting Sons (3:27)
10) The Velvet Underground - “Heroin” - The Velvet Underground And Nico (7:12)

Total running time: 66:37

Disc B:
01) Liquid Tension Experiment - “Paradigm Shift” - Liquid Tension Experiment (8:55)
02) New Order - “Dreams Never End” - Movement (3:16)
03) The Clash - “Brand New Cadillac” - London Calling (2:08)
04) Pink Floyd - “The Narrow Way Part I” - Ummagumma (3:27)
05) Pink Floyd - “The Narrow Way Part II” - Ummagumma (2:58)
06) Pink Floyd - “The Narrow Way Part III” - Ummagumma (5:55)
07) Television - “Marquee Moon” - Marquee Moon (10:38)
08) Metallica - “Orion” - Master Of Puppets (8:27)
09) Rush - “La Villa Strangiato” - Hemispheres (9:35)
10) Dream Theater - “Metropolis Part 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper” - Once In A LIVEtime (6:16)
11) Dream Theater - “Learning To Live” - Once In A LIVEtime (4:13)
12) Dream Theater - “A Change Of Seasons Part VII: The Crimson Sunset / A Fortune In Lies” - Once In A LIVEtime (3:48)

Total running time: 69:36

Forum name: Souly

Disc One:
1. The Ramones - "Blitzkrieg Bop" - Ramones (2:11)
2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Gold Lion" - Show Your Bones (3:09)
3. Queen - "Another one bites the dust" - Greatest Hits, Vols. 1 &2 (3:36)
4. Death From Above 1979 - "Romantic Rights" - You're a Woman I'm a Machine (3:15)
5. The D'urbervilles - "A War on the Poor" - Guelph Demos (3:16)
6. Bloc Party - "Banquet" - Silent Alarm (3:21)
7. T Rex - "Jeepster" - Electric Warrior (4:12)
8. Scissor Scisters - "Laura" - Scissor Sisters (3:40)
9. Death From Above 1979 - "Sexy Results" - You're a Woman I'm a Machine (5:52)
10. Franz Ferdiand - “I'm Your Villian” - You Could Have It So Much Better (With Franz Ferdinand) (4:03)
11. Interpol - "Obsticle 2" - Turn on the Bright Lights (3:47)
12. Metric - "Poster of a Girl" - Live it Out (4:48)
13. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Cold Light" - Fever to Tell (2:15)
14. Radiohead - "Anyone Can Play Guitar" - Pablo Honey (3:37)
15. PJ Harvey - "This Mess We're In" - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea (3:57)
16. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - “Scar Tissue” - Californication (3:35)
17. David Bowie - “Looking for Water” - Reality (3:28)
18. Modest Mouse - “Float On” - Good News for People who love Bad News (3:28)
19. The Mary Janes - “Bones and Pieces” - Sham (4:02)
20. Mic Christopher - “Hey Day” - Skylarkin' (3:52)

Total running time: 73:24

Disc 2:
1. Bruce Springsteen - “The River” - Bruce Springsteen Greatest Hits (5:00)
2. Damien Rice - “The Professor and La Fille” - B-sides (5:09)
3. Jeff Buckley - “Last Goodbye” - Mystery White Boy - (5:00)
4. David Bowie - “Space Oddity” - Best of Bowie (5:08)
5. Van Morrison - “Into the Mystic” - Moondance (3:28)
6. Nick Drake - “Pink Moon” - Pink Moon (2:05)
7. Rufus Wainwright - “Poses” - Poses (5:02)
8. Feist - “One Evening” - Let it Die (3:36)
9. Gavin Friday and Cillian Murphy - “Sand” - Breakfast on Pluto Soundtrack (3:42)
10. Robbie Williams - “Supreme” - Sing When You're Winning (4:18)
11. Jasper Steverlinck - “Forget Her” - Songs of Innocence (5:31)
12. Dirty Vegas - “Days go By (acoustic)” - Dirty Vegas (4:37)
13. Bell X1 - “In Every Sunflower” - Music in Mouth (5:08)
14. Bell X1 - “Heartland” - Even Better than the real thing Vol. 3 (3:59)
15. The Frames - “New Partner” - Breadcrumb Trail (5:33)
16. Bruce Springsteen - “Secret Garden” - Bruce Springsteen Greatest Hits (4:27)
17. REM - “Nightswimming” - Automatic for the People (4:18)

Total running time: 76:01

UP NEXT: Bono's shades versus Eliv8

Competition master list.

See an image of the competition's format.

The competition rules.

I really wish liam would've uploaded for us. :( I'll have to head over to iTunes and see what I can find and preview to fill in what I don't know.

One thing's for sure: Heroin as the closing track of the first disc is a gutsy move, and I applaud it. That might just win me over.

liamcool's tracklisting is great, but yet again, the other one is more my style.

so I vote for Souly :up:

hippy said:
Isn't this heat 5? :eyebrow:

Ugh, it is! Firefox stores what I've previously typed in the subject line field, and I forgot to change it. I was in a rush this morning because I'd only just woken up and didn't want to be late, so clearly I wasn't all too observant! I'm normally up early, but I saw Split Enz live last night, so I was exhausted and slept in.

Hopefully a mod can amend the thread title to say heat 5! :)

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I really wish liam would've uploaded for us. :( I'll have to head over to iTunes and see what I can find and preview to fill in what I don't know.

One thing's for sure: Heroin as the closing track of the first disc is a gutsy move, and I applaud it. That might just win me over.

I think I can upload most of the songs on his tracklisting. I'll get onto it. Keep an eye on my "save file" account.

Axver said:

Ugh, it is! Firefox stores what I've previously typed in the subject line field, and I forgot to change it. I was in a rush this morning because I'd only just woken up and didn't want to be late, so clearly I wasn't all too observant! I'm normally up early, but I saw Split Enz live last night, so I was exhausted and slept in.

Hopefully a mod can amend the thread title to say heat 5! :)

Awwww... I was just teasing :) And yay for concerts!

Lila64 said:
how was the Split Enz show Axver :hmm:

Two words: BLOODY AWESOME!

The band most certainly still has it, after all these years. I got to hear most of my favourites (unfortunately not my favourite Enz song, Hermit McDermitt), and the band's performance was energetic and very solid. Neil Finn remarked that "this feels right" and he was spot on. I hope this tour goes so well that it inspires the Enz to do even more together, either live or in studio.

I just wrote a (rather long) review on LiveJournal, which also covers the opening band, Evermore: http://axver.livejournal.com/342510.html

Souly, without a doubt. It's just more eclectic, and taking in consideration this is the only music I would be able to listen to rufus, bruce, radiohead, interpol, bowie, rem, buckley, rice, drake... doesn't hurt
:drool:

Re: Desert Island Album Game: Heat 4

Axver said:
11. Interpol - "Obsticle 2" - Turn on the Bright Lights (3:47)
12. Metric - "Poster of a Girl" - Live it Out (4:48)
14. Radiohead - "Anyone Can Play Guitar" - Pablo Honey (3:37)
15. PJ Harvey - "This Mess We're In" - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea (3:57)
3. Jeff Buckley - “Last Goodbye” - Mystery White Boy - (5:00)
12. Dirty Vegas - “Days go By (acoustic)” - Dirty Vegas (4:37)
16. Bruce Springsteen - “Secret Garden” - Bruce Springsteen Greatest Hits (4:27)

All of these caught my eye, among others. Had to vote for Souly. :up:

I certainly hope later rounds are more close than the last three heats ...

The next few heats I think will be pretty tight.

I already have a good idea how the whole competition will pan out. We should have bets on this:p I could already tell you how the three way will work out...unfortunately it won't work out well for me.

Anyway I voted for Souly, variety plus Bowie...plus that Mic Christopher song Hey Day....great Guinness advert:wink:

Axver said:
I certainly hope later rounds are more close than the last three heats ...

Me too.

It seems the people that show variety move on, so that might be good for me later on :)

Hey Avxer if you are about, would it not be better to call an early end to these heavily one side heats, so the next heat can go ahead? As long as the losing side agrees to surrender......

LJT said:
Hey Avxer if you are about, would it not be better to call an early end to these heavily one side heats, so the next heat can go ahead? As long as the losing side agrees to surrender......

I've thought of this, but I'm not sure I really want to do it. I think it's better to simply keep each round open for the allocated two days.

I voted for liam. While I liked that Souly's compilation had more variety, I felt that many of the choices were the easy ones for a given artist (Space Oddity, Float On, etc.). Am I being nit picky? Yes. Do I realize my vote is long past the point of really mattering? Yes.

On to the next round :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom