Desert Island Album Game: Heat 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• Axver's tracklisting

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • yertle-the-turtle's tracklisting

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think about votes at all when making my discs. I just thought about what two discs of songs I'd like to hear if I could hear nothing else for a long period of time. I've actually been playing my discs a lot lately around the house and really enjoying them. If other people enjoy them, great. If not, then you all have no idea of the good stuff you're missing :wink:

I've also voted for mixes that featured songs I didn't particularly like. I confess, for instance, that I'm also really not much for Radiohead (I think it has something to do with once getting kicked in the head in a sudden mosh pit at one of their shows), but some of their songs have worked for me quite well in some of the mixes.

:shrug:

inmyplace13 said:

I hope you're not saying people include that trio just to get votes.

No! I'm saying they're bands popular on this forum. What's this forum more likely to vote for?

Mix 1
1. Porcupine Tree song
2. Dream Theater song
3. Anathema song

Or:

Mix 2
1. Arcade Fire song
2. Radiohead song
3. Broken Social Scene song

The ironic part is that had my tracklisting been able to compete on MikePortnoy.com, where this competition comes from, I would've probably lost badly because it's not prog enough (U2? Crowded House? Nick Drake?), while I'm losing here because it's too prog/metal. Ah well, I think it's an excellent mix!

And 18-6 is 3 votes to 1, so that's not so bad ... er ... maybe ...

Does anyone have any opinions on that Jay Chou song? I'm interested to know what people think of it.

He's one of the biggest popstars in Asia; most of his stuff is fairly standard (by Western marks at least) RnB but this track's pretty darn interesting - he sings everything himself (including the falsetto Chinese opera bit) and there's all this weird instrumentation in it. Certainly one of the more original Chinese pop songs I've heard.

Props to...

Axver for including Heartland
Yertle for including Helena and Black

It's too bad My Chemical Romance have this bizarre stigma attached to them. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is a fucking ace album, regardless of whether junior high kids love it or not.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
Does anyone have any opinions on that Jay Chou song? I'm interested to know what people think of it.

He's one of the biggest popstars in Asia; most of his stuff is fairly standard (by Western marks at least) RnB but this track's pretty darn interesting - he sings everything himself (including the falsetto Chinese opera bit) and there's all this weird instrumentation in it. Certainly one of the more original Chinese pop songs I've heard.

I thought it was pretty cool, it was a very different opening track to what everyone else has used...his falsetto was pretty good....do you know any good Asian bands/ singer songwriters? The only real experience I have had of Asian music has been some Japanese anime soundtracks, namely Cowboy Bebops which i think is brilliant, done by Yoko Kanno I think it is.

Anyway Yertle got my vote, sorry Avx...it was actually a pretty tough choice for me as I did enjoy most of your tracklist...but Yertle including the Gin Soaked Boy by my third favourite artist, The Divine Comedy, behind Bowie and U2 really won me over;)

New Divine Comedy album should be out soon...he has already started touring for it...saw him live in 2004 with a full orchestra:drool:

I know,I know......... it means nothing now..............but i might as well say my 2 cents. I would have voted Axver as i'm still in the frame of mind if there is NO U2 at all!....then i won't vote for that compilation...but having said that, the inclusion of The Cardigans,Sarah McLahclan & REM...............that was a hard one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom