Desert Island Album Game: Heat 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• LJT's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • MrBrau1's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do I have left to continue my defamation of Brau?

I am expecting a call from his solicitors:wink:

LJT said:
How long do I have left to continue my defamation of Brau?

I am expecting a call from his solicitors:wink:

If you really wanna do some damage, you could bring up that incident with the hooker....

:wink:

Come on luck of the Irish, Vishnu, Allah, spirit of the trees, air, earth, Gaia, Zeus, Dr Pepper...vote for me!

As nam says Brau I have some very interesting pictures of you from last night...I advise you pull out now.:wink:

1 measly little vote:mad:

Ahh well I kinda knew it would happen...I was up against the person to beat in this competition before I even saw his tracklist.

So barring a sudden vote surge for me in the next 2 minutes or so...I guess the best man Brau won:up:

Edit: hahahaha I made my closing speech a little too early...dead heat at the moment.

OK, so who did the last minute vote (literally) that's tied it at 20-20?

Unless we get another vote in the next few seconds, I'll ask a mod to open this for one more day of competition.

Axver said:
OK, so who did the last minute vote (literally) that's tied it at 20-20?

Unless we get another vote in the next few seconds, I'll ask a mod to open this for one more day of competition.

Why don't we just do a lightning-round kind of thing - get a mod to re-open the poll, and then the first person to recieve a single vote from that point forward wins.

We've all kinds of options:

1. Leave it open for a day more.
2. Re-open it, first to get a vote wins.
3. First person to post a vote (even if they voted on the poll) on this thread gives it to the winner.
4. LJT/Brau being willing to concede defeat.
5. LJT has his vote changed.
6. Someone is given a deciding vote.
7. [A whole lot of other choices].

3 just sounsd too random a way to decide the winner, and I'm not changing the vote I gave to Brau....I may have complained about it, but I stand by it:p

1 or 2 I could go with....option 1 would probably be the fairest for us both over all though.

I personally prefer option #1. Either way, we need the poll re-opened. Any mods online at the moment?

LJT said:
2 and 3 just sound too random a way to decide the winner, and I'm not changing the vote I gave to Brau....I may have complained about it, but I stand by it:p

How is 2 random? Whoever gets the first vote is the winner. What's random about that?

^I edited my comment, I had a weird misunderstanding about what it was. Hence i changed my post:wink:

May I suggest a new rule for subsequent rounds?

No competitor may vote against himself/herself. He/she may either vote for himself/herself or not vote at all.

MrBrau1 said:
I say we both advance. And the next round is a 3 way vote.

Hmm, an inmyplace13 vs LJT vs Brau round? That could actually be quite entertaining ...

I really like this idea, to be honest. Considering how amazingly close this is, I think it would be quite a fair option.

Axver said:

Hmm, an inmyplace13 vs LJT vs Brau round? That could actually be quite entertaining ...

I really like this idea, to be honest. Considering how amazingly close this is, I think it would be quite a fair option.

Exactly. Let the music duke it out.

Plus, it gives you a plan to deal with future ties.

I support Brau's idea. I don't want to do a lightning round where first vote decides, as we'd then have to get a mod back to close the poll again.

LJT, what are your thoughts?

The way I see it, if both contestants support a particular option as well as the competition's maintainer (i.e. me), then let's go with that one. We're the ones the decision affects the most.

I guess I would go with the 3 way idea.....though I think we should let inmyplace be in on this decision since he decisively made it through.

LJT said:
I guess I would go with the 3 way idea.....though I think we should let inmyplace be in on this decision since he decisively made it through.

That's true ... I hope he's online at the moment!

Edit: I'd also like to say I agree with what Brau said about both progressing avoids the possibility of an alter deciding it. Under options #1 and #2, alters could easily come into play and fix the competition either way.

Basically, we need to make a call on this quickly, because if both are going to progress, I'd like to get on with the next round, and if we're going to have extra time, I'd like to start that now too!

Lila64 said:
but couldn't a vote by an alter be determined by a mod? Not that you want to let that happen. :shrug: :reject:

When we were having issues with alter voting on the Single Survivor contest, I was told the mods can't tell. Maybe it's been changed since then?

^Can the mods check who votes etc? As to be honest i'm a little suspicious of the vote I got to draw us even, coming right in the dying seconds of the heat and no one admitting to the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom