Desert Island 3 Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hardyharhar said:

We have!

Glad you got Stars on yours, because I'm still debating whether to go see them in November. Got tix for Tokyo Police Club, cuz they're playing for 15 dollars at an old theater in LA, and liked the song someone had on their list. :up:

Definitely go if you can. Stars put on a great show when I saw them in Boston on the last tour.

I believe U2Vertigofly is in an early round vs. Screwtape. Don't know if his links will be up by then. But I do know a lot of of his songs anyway

Thanks, Phanan.

They sound a bit pop for me, but there is something in their instrumental parts that tell me live they could be much better.

Think I'll check them out now.

Lila64 said:
I believe U2Vertigofly is in an early round vs. Screwtape. Don't know if his links will be up by then. But I do know a lot of of his songs anyway

I did email Screwtape my list in wma files, so I would imagine they should be out by my round:up

Lila64 said:

Lila, this is the first round:

Round 1:
Lancemc vs. Phanan
Screwtape vs. U2VertigoFly
Angelordevil vs. AtomicBono
Bono's Lemon vs. LemonMelon

Axver vs. InMyPlace13
KhanadaRhodes vs. LJT
BonoIsMyMuse vs. Corianderstem
Edge_2125 vs. Lila

The first two heats start on Monday. The next two will begin on Wednesday, and so on.

Once we've gone through the first round, Round 2 will be done four heats at once, and we'll continue that pattern through the rest of the rounds.

Last edited:
Haven't been able to download Lancemc's disc 1. Nothing happens when I try to download it.

I'm having fun listening to the various setlists, and thinking about participating down the road. I think I can throw in a few fun wrinkles.

U2vertigofly said:

Thanks.

So there's going to be two rounds running at the same time for this one?

No, there will be two heats running at the same time during Round 1.

Starting with Round 2, four heats will run simultaneously, as by then everyone should have listened to each playlist once. It worked very well when we tried it out with the Prog Island competition.

So it's imperative to start listening to the first playlists now.

phanan said:

Lila, this is the first round:

Round 1:
Lancemc vs. Phanan
Screwtape vs. U2VertigoFly
Angelordevil vs. AtomicBono
Bono's Lemon vs. LemonMelon

Axver vs. InMyPlace13
KhanadaRhodes vs. LJT
BonoIsMyMuse vs. Corianderstem
Edge_2125 vs. Lila

The first two heats start on Monday. The next two will begin on Wednesday, and so on.

Once we've gone through the first round, Round 2 will be done four heats at once, and we'll continue that pattern through the rest of the rounds.

Screwtape had sent me that list, but it only had the first 4/8 competitors listed. If a round goes up on Monday, is voting only open for 48 hours? I will have to try and make sure I've made my choices & listened to as much as I can tonight & tomorrow, since I'm outta here Sun-Wed. night

BTW: Khanada and Axver. Got the Swingers cd yesterday, it's seems to have all the songs from both the original Australian Mushroom release and the US MCA one. 14 tracks in all. If your interested, I could probably get Lila to upload next week. :hmm:

hardyharhar said:
BTW: Khanada and Axver. Got the Swingers cd yesterday, it's seems to have all the songs from both the original Australian Mushroom release and the US MCA one. 14 tracks in all. If your interested, I could probably get Lila to upload next week. :hmm:

I would love both of you forever if a copy turned up in my inbox. :wink:

Lila64 said:

Screwtape had sent me that list, but it only had the first 4/8 competitors listed. If a round goes up on Monday, is voting only open for 48 hours? I will have to try and make sure I've made my choices & listened to as much as I can tonight & tomorrow, since I'm outta here Sun-Wed. night

Yes, 48 hours, so the first two heats in Round 1 will start Monday morning EST. On Wednesday morning when they end, I'll start the next two.

Every heat will last 48 hours.

Screwtape2 said:

Actually, they should be out sometime today. :)

Did you ever send these new links out? I never got anything, and U2vertigofly is in one of the heats that starts on Monday. We'll need the links ASAP in order to have time to listen to the playlist in its entirety.

phanan said:

Did you ever send these new links out? I never got anything, and U2vertigofly is in one of the heats that starts on Monday. We'll need the links ASAP in order to have time to listen to the playlist in its entirety.

No. I was uploading them to mediafire but when it came to the verification part nothing happened. I'm now trying to upload again. There is one problem with the files, they are not tagged because they all came as track 1, track 2 and so on. I wasn't able to tag them myself. Sorry. The links should be out in two and half hours.

Screwtape2 said:

No. I was uploading them to mediafire but when it came to the verification part nothing happened. I'm now trying to upload again. There is one problem with the files, they are not tagged because they all came as track 1, track 2 and so on. I wasn't able to tag them myself. Sorry. The links should be out in two and half hours.

That's why I labeled the folders as tracks 1-20 etc., because they are in order in the folders

For the next game, can we add a new rule that says if one of the tracks you want to use is in a protected format, you either unprotect it by burning it and then re-converting it back onto your computer, find an unprotected version of the song, or you just don't use that song?

I know this came up earlier in the thread, but I'm just now getting around to putting the lists onto my iPod, and there are 8 songs on angelordevil's list that I won't be able to listen to.

I'm sure the protected files just go unnoticed, or maybe some don't realize they can't be played on other computers, but if people want their whole list to be heard, then they just can't use those tracks.

I just think maybe it needs to be a reminder up front, so participants are on the lookout for that sort of thing when constructing their lists.

Just my $0.02. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom