Desert Island 3 Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't open PLA's "Please" - not an authorized computer :der:

Difficult to listen to some lists when songs are in several formats and when my computer is not authorized to do so :|

Lila64 said:

Difficult to listen to some lists when songs are in several formats and when my computer is not authorized to do so :|

icon16.gif
but mine still works...MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Lila64 said:
I've been trying to listen to angelordevil's playlist today. A few songs come up with license protections, and I can't play them :shrug: Yes, I downloaded the current Windows Media Player as well as updating my IE. :shrug: That's the first time that's happened (Tragically Hip, Annie Lennox, John Williams/ET, so far). Happened with the Pearl Jam track too, but I have that track already (and used it on my playlist as well! :wink: )

That's awful! :scream: I wonder if others are having the same problem? Is there a way of fixing I wonder?

Lila64 said:
:shrug: You had Cigarettes & Alcohol in a non MP3 format, luckily I already had it :happy:

:eyebrow: That's strange...it says it's an mp3 on my computer. :shrug:

Anyway, I do have a few of these on my face if that's true:
322200775722_IMG_0741.JPG

I don't know, I downloaded yours a while back. Trying to download one or two a day, and trying to listen. I think I'm on PLA's list, RHCP. There's just some songs on everyone's list it seems that aren't coming thru for me. Damn computers. Ok, I'll try to stop my whining now :censored:

By the way, I really wanted to have Duran Duran's "Ordinary World". Yes, I know the song, but I didn't have it. That's just one of those that didn't come thru. :grumpy:

ETA: You are correct LemonMelon, my bad. That's one of those songs that didn't come thru, and I copied it over to your playlist in WMP so that I could hear it all together. I didn't re-rip it into MP3.

That really sucks...I'll try to fix what can on this end. Looks like the ones in question are songs I've purchased online. Maybe I can't send them because of this digital rights thing? Argggggggg. :(

Lila64 said:

ETA: You are correct LemonMelon, my bad. That's one of those songs that didn't come thru, and I copied it over to your playlist in WMP so that I could hear it all together. I didn't re-rip it into MP3.

Phew...I'm glad there isn't some invisible MP3 ghost screwing with the contest or something. :uhoh:

angelordevil said:
That really sucks...I'll try to fix what can on this end. Looks like the ones in question are songs I've purchased online. Maybe I can't send them because of this digital rights thing? Argggggggg. :(

Music companies suck. I'm starting an analog revolution :wink:

OK, now who's the one making me listen to Justin Timberlake :uhoh:

angelordevil said:

Try burning them to a CD, then re-uploading the tracks from the CD. They should be regular mp3 files then and should work for everybody. I had a few songs on my list I purchased, and that's what I did.

Are wma files a good type to send in? Because I'm pretty sure they'll work when I upload them but for some reason the have a ton of static noise :huh:

I have them all in itunes files, and i don't really know how to make the mp3's after I've burned the disc. I can do wma's easy though.

Is there a certain program I should use?

If you're in iTunes, you can set the default to convert to MP3 instead of wma files. Once you've changed the default, when you right-click on a file within iTunes, you'll see the option to "convert to MP3."

Lila64 said:

Yeaaaah, I remembered it was a bought song from that U2 iTunes pack right after I made the CD to convert all the other bought tracks.
I really can't spare another CD for this, especially not for a U2 song which I'm sure somebody MUST have in this forum. :wink:

Everything else is unprotected, so I don't know why you can't listen to it. I'll PM you a certain ordinary world... :shifty:

A few songs came up that way, what can I say...
Think I just finished most of your list PLA. Just heard a Smashing Pumpkins song which I must have heard a million times, but never knew what it was called. I need a computer/audio break :der:

and thanks for the PM to come :shifty:

:dance: I have Please, unprotected, now.

I guess I'll email it to everyone? I can't post the link here, so that seems like the reasonable thing to do.

U2vertigofly said:
Are wma files a good type to send in? Because I'm pretty sure they'll work when I upload them but for some reason the have a ton of static noise :huh:

.wma files are the tool of the devil.

Burn the heretic!

Just got round to start listening to the playlists...Screwtapes is excellent so far:drool:

phanan said:
I hope everyone is getting around to listen to the first playlists that will be voted on, because once the voting threads commence they are going to be fast and furious.

We have!

Glad you got Stars on yours, because I'm still debating whether to go see them in November. Got tix for Tokyo Police Club, cuz they're playing for 15 dollars at an old theater in LA, and liked the song someone had on their list. :up:

I've lost track who's competing in the early rounds. Just downloading 1-2 a day. I have to try & remember to email my votes to Screwtape, as I, hardyharhar and BonosLil'Pal94 will be out of town for a few days, and I think they want to vote as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom