Depeche Mode touring in the fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Seems like EVERYONE is touring this year!! I've already been to quite a few U2 shows this year and have tickets for Coldplay, Oasis, White Stripes and more U2 in the fall. Now it looks like I'll be seeing Depeche Mode this year, too. With my luck DM will be playing in Phoenix while I'm off seeing U2 elsewhere.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/Depeche_Mode_plots_return_with_new_album_world_tour-8299.html?t=1

Depeche Mode plots return with new album, world tour

June 16, 2005 09:27 AM
by Jon Zahlaway
liveDaily Senior Writer
Depeche Mode is eyeing an autumn release for its first new album in four years, and is laying the groundwork for a world tour behind the set.
The trio plans to launch its global assault with a North American outing slated for October, November and December. A preliminary list of cities that the band plans to hit is included below; specific dates and venues have not yet been announced.

A subsequent run through Europe is planned for early next year, and a number of shows for that leg of the tour have been confirmed. Details are available at Depeche Mode's website.

Before hitting the road, the group is expected to issue its follow-up to 2001's "Exciter." The band--singer David Gahan, chief songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Martin Gore and keyboardist Andrew Fletcher--is still working on the as-yet-untitled set in New York City.

Released in June of 2001, the gold-certified "Exciter" debuted at No. 8 on The Billboard 200 album chart. After completing a tour behind the set, Gore and Gahan each issued albums, with Gore's first full-length, "Counterfeit2," surfacing in late April of 2003, and Gahan's solo debut, "Paper Monsters," following about a month later.

Formed in England in the 1980s, Depeche Mode gained mainstream success with its 1990 album, "Violator." The triple-platinum set--which spawned the hits "Enjoy the Silence," "Policy of Truth" and "Personal Jesus"--remains the group's most commercially successful release.

[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Chanfes may occur before ticket go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tampa / St. Pete, FL
Atlanta, GA
Houston, TX
Dallas, TX
San Antonio, TX
Denver, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
Vancouver, British Columbia
Seattle, WA
San Francisco, CA
San Diego, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, AZ
Chicago, IL
Detroit, MI
Toronto, Ontario
Montreal, Quebec
Washington, DC
New York, NY
Boston, MA

Ah... I would love to see them again! The first time it was way the fuck up in section 423 at MSG. :mad:

I saw these guys back in '88 at the Rose Bowl...........
It seems like an eternity....:| .........oh wait, it is an eternity.

Phoenix is a winner! Mofo, I'll have my people get in touch with your people. Between PHX and SLC, we should be able to cut a deal. :up:

I was actually a huge DM fan back in the 90's.........
I ended up seing 3 concerts in 1 week...
Dave Gahan was great on stage.....the last time I saw them was in 2001, I'm sorry to say that the magic wasn't there anymore.:|

Alan Wilder, the 4th member of Depeche Mode, left the group in 1995, after the "Songs of Faith & Devotion" Tour of 93/94. Since then, DM has been the trio of Gore, Gahan, and Fletcher. I really like 1990's Violator, of course, but follow-up Songs of Faith, as well as 1997's Ultra, have some terrific later tunes as well.

I saw them on their 1998 Greatest Hits tour, terrific in concert. Unfortunately, 2001's Exiter was a non-starter with me and most everyone else.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

I've got a ticket for the Wembley gig!!!

And I'm all the way down in Oz, so this is gonna be one hell of an expensive show!! :huh:

Oh, but to see Dave in action....:drool:

this is gonna be awesome. i've seen U2 twice, have tix for coldplay, franz ferdinand is comming back to the states, and I desperatley want to see DM!!! not to mention U2 again in the fall! my dreams are comming true!!!

i have seen dave on his solo tour but never depeche. i am very excited for the tour as well as curious about the new album.

Back
Top Bottom