delilah, anybody?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h_m-BjrxmgI

Caught this on Vh1 one morning and kinda liked the melody. Did a little research on the band, Plain White T's and they're listed as emo/pop punk. But this song is more like mellow acoustic rock. I can see how it could get somewhat annoying after several listens but it's still a simple, heartfelt, really pretty love song. I believe it was the most downloaded song on itunes for a couple of weeks this month. Why only now? The album came out in 2005 it seems.

i fucking hate it more than anyone else could hate a song.

it's more of a personal thing.

It's one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. I didn't know how fast my fingers could move until this song started playing on the radio every 5 minutes when I'm driving. I change that station like lightning.

You know what? If this was on the Garden State soundtrack, people would be creaming themselves over this song. It's just because it's so overplayed and OMG AN EMO BAND LETS HATE THEM I HAIT POPLAR MUSIX

I don't know a damn thing about the Plain White T's and I avoid radio so this was actually the first time I'd heard this song in its entirety, but it's very pretty. I remember a week ago for whatever reason the part of the song I had heard got stuck in my head and I woke up thinking of it...how sublime. I may actually buy this song :up:

AtomicBono said:
You know what? If this was on the Garden State soundtrack, people would be creaming themselves over this song. It's just because it's so overplayed and OMG AN EMO BAND LETS HATE THEM I HAIT POPLAR MUSIX

I don't know a damn thing about the Plain White T's and I avoid radio so this was actually the first time I'd heard this song in its entirety, but it's very pretty. I remember a week ago for whatever reason the part of the song I had heard got stuck in my head and I woke up thinking of it...how sublime. I may actually buy this song :up:

There are just soooooo many weepy emo ballads dat R betr! :scream:

It doesn't come across as that emo to me. He has a tolerable voice. Emo singers don't.

Anyway, I bought the song.

I can say with absolute confidence that this is indeed one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Zootlesque said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h_m-BjrxmgI

Caught this on Vh1 one morning and kinda liked the melody. Did a little research on the band, Plain White T's and they're listed as emo/pop punk. But this song is more like mellow acoustic rock. I can see how it could get somewhat annoying after several listens but it's still a simple, heartfelt, really pretty love song. I believe it was the most downloaded song on itunes for a couple of weeks this month. Why only now? The album came out in 2005 it seems.

:pray: :pray:

it's everywhere, it's in elevators, rest stops on the thruway, lyrics are in fortune cookies. It has to go away!

Spray Raid on it!

AtomicBono said:

I don't have anything else to say. You said it all!

Yes, it's a love song with a chorus that gets annoying after repeated listens. So what??? Just cos they're an emo band, I'm not gonna dismiss them without even listening.

no, that's not why i don't like it.

like i said it's for personal reasons. glad you like the tune.

Zootlesque said:

Yes, it's a love song with a chorus that gets annoying after repeated listens. So what???

I think most people are already at the annoyed status, thus the unfavorable reaction. I enjoyed it for the first couple weeks, now it makes me want to blow my brains out.

Dusty Bottoms said:
I think most people are already at the annoyed status, thus the unfavorable reaction. I enjoyed it for the first couple weeks, now it makes me want to blow my brains out.

Okay I can see that. :wink: Fucking radio destroys a song again! DIE! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom