Def Leppard/Bryan Adams stadium tour?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Well, believe it or not, its true. Def Leppard and Bryan Adams will be doing a tour together this summer. Most of the "stadiums" are small ones I think. I suppose these two artist do have some things in common. Bryan Adams and Joe Elliot do sound alike in a way. Both artist have been produced by Robert "Mutt" Lang. Both were huge in the 80s.

Wed 06/01/05 Portland, OR PGE Park

Fri 06/03/05 San Jose, CA Municipal Stadium

Sat 06/04/05 Fresno, CA Grizzlies Stadium

Sun 06/05/05 San Bernardino, CA Arrowhead Credit Union Park

Tue 06/07/05 Mesa, AZ HohoKam Park

Wed 06/08/05 El Paso, TX Cohen Stadium

Fri 06/10/05 Oklahoma City, OK SBC Bricktown Ballpark

Sat 06/11/05 Fort Worth, TX La Grave Field

Fri 07/01/05 Camden, NJ Campbell's Field

Sat 07/02/05 Lancaster, PA Clippers Magazine Stadium

Sun 07/03/05 Fishkill, NY Dutchess Stadium

Tue 07/05/05 Lakewood, NJ First Energy Park

Wed 07/06/05 Brockton, MA Campanelli Stadium

Fri 07/08/05 Aberdeen, MD Ripken Stadium

Sat 07/09/05 Brooklyn, NY KeySpan Park (Cyclones Stadium)

Sun 07/10/05 Rochester, NY Frontier Field

Fri 07/29/05 Saint Paul, MN Midway Stadium

Sat 07/30/05 Schaumburg, IL Alexian Field

Sun 07/31/05 Davenport, IA John O'Donnel Stadium

Tue 08/02/05 Lincoln, NE Haymarket Park

Wed 08/03/05 Kansas City, KS Community America Ballpark

Fri 08/05/05 South Bend, IN Stanley Coveleski Stadium

Sat 08/06/05 Eastlake, OH Eastlake Stadium

Sun 08/07/05 Charleston, WV Appalachian Power Park

Tue 08/09/05 Dayton, OH Fifth Third Field

Wed 08/10/05 Lansing, MI Olds Park

STING2 said:
Well, believe it or not, its true. Def Leppard and Bryan Adams will be doing a tour together this summer. Most of the "stadiums" are small ones I think. I suppose these two artist do have some things in common. Bryan Adams and Joe Elliot do sound alike in a way. Both artist have been produced by Robert "Mutt" Lang. Both were huge in the 80s.

Bryan Adams has always made pop-rock bordering on adult contemporary. Whereas Def Leppard once upon a time used to kick some major ass!!! They were once considered metal for fuck's sake, not the lovey dovey sugary crap they're churning out now in the name of X. :madspit:

O.k great it's settled nobody is impressed with this tour. Now instead of spreading the hate lets all check out the thread devoted to David Usher and Moist. I have no doubt that if you guys check them out, Especially D. Usher's solo stuff you might be pleasantly surprised:wink:

Note: the wink smilie on this site is the worst wink smilie on the internet. it looks like it's having a seizure or has cramps or somthing.:laugh:

Bryan Adams was just here. Touring with Rod Stewart. At least they have that Musketeers song in common. Do you think Def Leppard and Brybry will do a duet? :mad:

PS I did not attend the Rod and Bryan show, just so you know.

I'm glad somebody figured out that baseball stadiums are well-configured for concerts. They're closer to the shape of an amphitheater than a football stadium.

i like def leppard. :huh:

the radio station i listen to just played "hysteria" (the whole album, not just the song) today.

but of course, they're not coming anywhere near me, just like every other musician ever. you'd think i lived in bumfuck, arkansas or something.

I saw the Lep on their last tour and it was actually alot of fun. Obviously its not like going to U2, The Stones or Springsteen but if you want to go just to have fun, its worth it.

Flying FuManchu said:
I support the 80s work of Bryan Adams... He can do little wrong after releasing a classic such as Reckless. But then I never really listened to his stuff after that. :shrug:

I actually don't mind certain 80s Bryan Adams' stuff like Run To You and Cuts Like A Knife. Summer Of 69 of course! I have a copy of Waking Up The Neighbours too :reject: the last good album.

I like Bryan Adams and I've seen him in concert (great show). My favourite Bryan song is 'Have you ever loved a woman' from the Don Juan de Marco movie.

I also like Def Leppard...

talk about a fugazi stadium tour... keyspan park, all be it a very nice stadium, has a capacity of around 7,500... that's less than half of the capactiy for Madison Square Garden.

Brooklyn_-_Steeplechase_dusk640T.jpg

Wed 07/06/05 Brockton, MA Campanelli Stadium

remind me to be out of state then.

:|

Headache in a Suitcase said:
talk about a fugazi stadium tour... keyspan park, all be it a very nice stadium, has a capacity of around 7,500... that's less than half of the capactiy for Madison Square Garden.

Brooklyn_-_Steeplechase_dusk640T.jpg

Well, it will be more than that for a concert as they stage will be on the outfield and people will be as well. Probebly like 10k or 11k. Looks cool though, would be cool to see a show at a smaller outdoor place. I may go to the show here, its not very far for me.

I wonder who first came up with the idea to put these two artist together on the same bill for a summer tour?

STING2 said:
I wonder who first came up with the idea to put these two artist together on the same bill for a summer tour?

"Supposedly" they are good friends. I agree though, it seems like an odd pairing. I have seen both artists in concert at some point in my life and I have to say they both put on pretty good shows. I think its an odd pairing but a decent double bill.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom