Deceiving Screen Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do Miss America

War Child
So what are some of the more deceiving ones? I know I've been assumed to be male a handful of times. I've too made the same mistake based on names or avatars.

So have you ever mistaken someone's sex, age, political views, etc by reading their screen name?

My last name was bono_vox.
I guess that could have been confusing.

I also thought IWB was a boy as I thought anitram was a bloke too. There have been others, I justcan't think of them now :hmm:

since it's already been mentioned several times that people have thought i was a guy, i've got another one.

i was mistaken for a right-wing bush supporter when arguing about how i think green day's "american idiot" song is bullshit. apparently if you hate wannabe-punks who scream "fuck bush!" with no actual reason behind it, you must support bush :rolleyes:

but that has nothing to do with screen names, does it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
people thought i was a chick... then i said my name was shannon and they thought i was still a chick... then i pulled my pants down and they realized i wasn't a chick.

Yeah, you proved that with your 2-letter banner.!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
then i pulled my pants down and they realized i wasn't a chick.

I would have thought that that would have led people to believe you are a chick. :wink:

diamond said:
i kinda shy away from women that have screen names w/"goddess" or "diva"

attached to them.:wink:

db9

Ah! My screen name is a Hindu god, and I'm not hindu or male (god, not goddess), although I am occasionally divine. ;)

not with this one, but years ago i had the name poptart and some freak not only thought i was a guy, but thought i was adam. :eyebrow:

although i'm sure now someone will come along and say "omg khan i thought you were a guy!"

I've been mistaken for a brand of facial acne cream :uhoh: Mainly thanks to a certain Angie :wink:

product-68843.jpg

:madspit: :wink:
I always knew you were a bloke though.

I really thought bassT/basstramp was a girl because I was convinced one time he said something about how people assume bass players are always guys and it gave him the shits. Then a long time after I did discover he was a guy anyway, I realised I had mixed him up somehow with AM (who had said it I think), and is a girl but doesn't post enough here anymore anyway :(

Avatars are another story. I tought Yertle was female and Screaming Flower male because of their avatars.

Some of the "famous" people that are used in avatars are not famous internationally. Unless the person in the avatar is wearing a sports uniform, or holding a microphone, etc, if I don't recognise them I presume its a mug shot of the poster. :huh:

some people have mistaken me for a girl

we're talking about in real life right?

Back
Top Bottom