Death Cab for Cutie: Drive Well, Sleep Carefully - Live DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Release Date: July 26th, 2005

DRIVE WELL, SLEEP CAREFULLY joins Death Cab for Cutie on tour in the spring of 2004. Filmmaker Justin Mitchell captured dozens of shows across the country and interviewed the band at length in their hometown of Seattle, WA. Shot entirely on 16mm film, the stunning live footage is mixed with candid conversations about the creative process, the band’s dedication to their work and life on the road.

Live Performances:

The Sound of Settling - The Crystal Ballroom, Portland
The New Year - The Showbox, Seattle
We Laugh Indoors - The Marquee Theater, Tempe
Styrofoam Plates - Tree's, Dallas
Title and Registration - Howlin' Wolf, New Orleans
Company Calls - Work Play Theater, Birmingham
Tiny Vessels - Stubb's, Austin
Transatlanticism - Tree's, Dallas
Expo '86 - The Crystal Ballroom, Portland
We Looked Like Giants - The Fillmore, San Francisco
Why You'd Want to Live Here - The Wiltern, Los Angeles
Prove My Hypotheses - The Showbox, Seattle
Bend To Squares - The Showbox, Seattle

Unreleased music:

The Sound of Settling (demo version)
Please Don't Go (unreleased)
Lightness (demo version)

DVD EXTRAS:

- Acoustic Set at The Metreon, San Francisco
- Stability in rehearsal
- Lightness Demo Montage
- "Andycam" Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Additional Interviews

-----

I think I'll be picking this up. Lots of good songs on there. :up:

Yeah, there are DEFINITELY lots of good things on there! Acoustic set?? NICE!!!

:up:

:bump:

Just wanted to bump this so more people could see it. I know we have more than three Death Cab fans on here. :)

And in keeping with all the other posts in this thread...

:up:

i got blasted by one of my friends for having "transatlanticism" as my msn name...right after i got back from europe no less.

anyway, he said "you like death cab?!! they're so emo".

thought i'd share that with you...

i like death cab.

my mate sent me a cover of The Smiths 'this charming man' by Death Cab. it was awful.

however he also sent me a song called 'a lack of colour' - i quite enjoyed that.

This was actually shot as a film for some festival (the name's escaping me at the second). I'm very much looking forward to Styrofoam Playes (since I've never seen it live) and We Looked Like Giants for the Ben Gibbard drum solo thingy that they do live. Should be a good Death Cab filler before "Plans" hits.

This is going to make up for my missing them in Ft. Worth last October.

Hmm, I've been thinking about it and I dont think I'd ever classify Death Cab as "emo", but I do understand why others would. That being said, I cant really back up why I wouldnt say they're "emo" other than the fact that I think that really over-simplifies their sound and music.

And yeah, that Smiths cover song of theirs is mediocre. I remember a few years back there was a thread in here about how good Smiths covers are so rare that they're almost non-existant. I still agree with that thread (though I do know a few covers of their work which I love).

I want the DVD now :up:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
Hmm, I've been thinking about it and I dont think I'd ever classify Death Cab as "emo", but I do understand why others would. That being said, I cant really back up why I wouldnt say they're "emo" other than the fact that I think that really over-simplifies their sound and music.
agreed, mofo. :up:

i was talking to my cousin (who's 16) a few days ago and she also classified death cab as emo, to which i replied, 'bite your tongue missy! death cab are NOT emo!' then i came home and read bear's post. :|

kids these days... :tsk:

i'm looking forward to seeing this dvd though, death cab have never played here, and probably will never play here, so i guess this is the next best thing.

Just wanted to let everyone know this DVD is out now! I had completely forgotten about it, but then there it was at the record store. Mofo and I both grabbed copies for ourselves. Haven't watched it yet...perhaps we will tonight!

So yeah, everyone go get it! The checkout guy at my local said it is awesome. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom