Death Cab for Cutie and Pedro the Lion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Saw this show last night, really really like Pedro. Daves style is so dark and gloomy but I love it. He does an interesting thing at his shows too. He takes questions from the crowd in between songs. Good stuff. Death Cab played a really tight set as well, Ben Gibbard is a very talented man. No flash or glitter though with these guys on stage. Just the basic indie rock stylings that have made them so popular. If they come to your town try and catch the show, its well worth it.

EP

I am going to miss them in Chicago. :(

Wish I went to see them (DCFC) when they stopped here in CornFieldCentral, Illinois last fall. :grumpy:

jkayet said:
I had been intending to go to this one...didn't realize I missed it...grrr....

It was packed, the line outside Southgate was really long and luckily the weather was good. But, Pedro did start to play before most of the audience was in the ballroom. I missed a song, :angry: .... good show though.

btw, the Wrens are coming to Southgate next month

http://www.southgatehouse.com/static/home.html

Last edited:
I knew it was coming up, but totally forgot about it...glad it was good though!

Elvis Presley said:
btw, the Wrens are coming to Southgate next month

http://www.southgatehouse.com/static/home.html
Thanks! By then I'll be living in DC again though. Heh. I've got to work on my timing...I've wanted to get to southgate house though, so I might need to find something there in the next couple of weeks.

Elvis Presley said:
Zonedogg, what shows you hitting this summer?

I am actually thinking that Lollapalooza might be interesting (Morrissey, Modest Mouse, Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, Others TBNL). I also want to see the Pixies. I am not sure who else is on the list...but I am sure there will be many. We are going to have direct flights from here to Cincy come May 15.....If there are shows to be seen out your way...keep me in mind!

I'll be at the Death Cab show in Houston next week. This will be my first time to see them and I can't wait. :drool:

Before I only knew of them through Ben's work with The Postal Service. But now I've completely fallen in love with Transatlanticism. I've also gone back and listened to some of their older stuff, which I generally don't like as much. Photobooth is a nice song, though. But they seemed to have came a long way with the new CD. There's not a bad song among the bunch.

Unfortunately Pedro the Lion won't be playing in Houston. Ben Kweller will be the only other act.

Back
Top Bottom