Dear US residents, re: free refills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Most of the rest of the world doesn't get them. If there is one thing I envy Americans for, it is free refills.

You know every time you go into Taco Bell and get that fucking huge thing of Mountain Dew: Code Red Xtreme Sugar Remix and drink it, and then refill it yourself.....yeah, I miss that :(

Canadiens1160 said:

You know every time you go into Taco Bell and get that fucking huge thing of Mountain Dew: Code Red Xtreme Sugar Remix and drink it, and then refill it yourself.....yeah, I miss that :(

Why get the huge one when there's free refills? :wink:

we get free refills, at least in Ontario...i think mcd's, for sure at the movies and at Harvey's, and pretty sure at some Wendy's too. I can't speak for Taco Bell, I've honestly never eaten there.

I love Mountain Dew Code Red. I drink one about once a year, and thoroughly enjoy the sugar/caffeine high. :drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
They ought to have coffee in Big Gulp sizes :drool:

or do they? i haven't stepped into a 7-11 since last summer and i got a slurpee

Just take one of the large cups and ask if they could fill it with coffee. :wink:

corianderstem said:
I love Mountain Dew Code Red. I drink one about once a year, and thoroughly enjoy the sugar/caffeine high. :drool:

:yes: Code Red is my pop of choice...in fact, I'm drinking one right now. :drool:

Re: Re: Dear US residents, re: free refills

Liesje said:

Why get the huge one when there's free refills? :wink:

Yeah I just get the small one and split it with all my friends :hug:

:cheap:

In NS we get free refills at McDonald's, and at the movies (large size only). Taco Bell, Burger King, and Subway always have their pop fountains in the seating area, so you can walk up and refill them yourself. I'm sure there's more, too, but once I turned 18 I really stopped asking for them.

Maybe it's only Quebec. You guys are weird in many, MANY ways.

I’m gonna go get a new soda. Hey, you know that you can get a refill on any drink you want here, and it’s free?

IT'S A WONDERFUL RESTAURANT!

250pxarresteddevelopmencc8.jpg

Not that I'm complaining what with all that sugar content (or aspartame content), but many places are getting rid of them, or allowing them on ridiculous super-sizes.

The one I do miss, is the theater chain I used to go to when I lived in Michigan had frozen Coke which is sooo good, and free refills. But I'm sure my health is better for it given how much I go to the movies.

powerhour24 said:

The one I do miss, is the theater chain I used to go to when I lived in Michigan had frozen Coke which is sooo good, and free refills. But I'm sure my health is better for it given how much I go to the movies.

You can get Coke Icee at Target stores, 7-11, and Janie's Cookie Co (here in west Michigan at least). Coke Icee is my fave. :yes:

I'm back living on the East Coast again, occasionally Target has it, but they change their flavors a lot.

Yeah they do. Annoying. One day they have Coke AND Mountain Dew icee and the next day it's some red/orange crap.

DaveC said:
In NS we get free refills at McDonald's, and at the movies (large size only). Taco Bell, Burger King, and Subway always have their pop fountains in the seating area, so you can walk up and refill them yourself. I'm sure there's more, too, but once I turned 18 I really stopped asking for them.

Maybe it's only Quebec. You guys are weird in many, MANY ways.
Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe it is one of those weird Quebec things. There are no Red Lobsters here. Weird, man.

Canadiens1160 said:
Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe it is one of those weird Quebec things. There are no Red Lobsters here. Weird, man.

Now I want to go there and have one of those buttery biscuits that you get (free refills).

DaveC said:

Pfft...Minnesotans are basically Southern Canadians anyways. :wink:

:lol: It's a Wisconsin thing too...at least on the Eastern half. Once you get around Milwaukee, everything changes, they even call water fountains "bubblers." WTF?? :wink:

Also, I'd like to note that in American Sign Language, "pop" actually makes more sense because the sign makes a popping noise when you do it. So there. :wink:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Dear US residents, re: free refills

Sicy said:
Yeah I just get the small one and split it with all my friends :hug:

:cheap:

No, it's called :smart:.

I do it too.

But I have to admit that the free refills and free water in restaurants, gets me in trouble when I go back home, where they charge at least 2,50 euro for a teeny tiny glass of soda.

Back
Top Bottom