Daytime Soaps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
So... do you watch any daytime soaps, and if so which ones?

I watch One Life To Live on my lunchbreak (work from home). So, will John find Natalie in time? He's got to rescue her soon! And what about Jessica/Tess Antonio/Nash... :wink:

Discuss (or as Linda Richman would say, 'Talk amongst yourselves'')

:wink:

I used to watch General Hospital, back in the days with Luke and Laura
(Anthony Geary and Genie Francis) ... but once they left the show behind, so did I !! :wink:

yeah, I see a few minutes of GH here and there. Not really sure whats going on anymore. Luke is still on, his son Lucky is grown up as are Felicia's kids (she's not on anymore, but Mac is). Remember the days of the Scorpio's and Anna Devane, Duke Lavery,...

I watched Passions my third year in college in 2000-2001. When I was in America last Christmas (2004), I watched an episode and they were still on the SAME storylines. I think one person had had a baby, and that was the only thing that had happened in four years. :|

I saw an episode of "Passions" once. I thought it was really stupid :|. Horridly acted, too.

Only soap opera I've ever watched regularly is "All My Children", and that's due to my mom-she's watched that show since the beginning. Have kinda lost track of it lately, though, haven't gotten much of a chance to watch it, but yeah, that's the one I've seen. The others I've caught bits and pieces of if I'm around someone who's watching it, but I've never watched them regularly.

Hehe, my sister one time came across a Spanish soap opera and we watched a bit of that. That was rather amusing :p.

Angela

U2democrat said:
my mom is obsessed with All My Children...i'd rather let my cat bite me for the full hour than sit and watch it. :|

:lol:

I knew you would have an opinion on this topic! :wink:

I haven't watched GH since Rick Springfield and John Stamos left a million years ago:reject:

Last edited:
During my summer break, I discovered AMC (All My Children) and OLTL (One Life to Live). I used to watch Sunset Beach (RIP) and Days Of Our Lives but a fuzzy channel 4 made me seek an alternative soap(s) to watch.

Anyway--

Originally by Lila64
I watch One Life To Live on my lunchbreak (work from home). So, will John find Natalie in time? He's got to rescue her soon! And what about Jessica/Tess Antonio/Nash...

I hope so, and he probably would... although I wished that they'd kill her off. About the love quadrangle with J/T/A/N, they'll probably be a lot of confusion as Nash'll probably tell Antonio that he's got the wrong person, and Antonio'll tell Nash that he's mistaken and of course, this is a soap... so that's another good month's worth of material to throw around. :shrug:

yeah, but how long can Natalie survive in that hole in the ground? We need some grand rescue ASAP, I can't wait til the end of summer for one (and Natalie probably can't either). I want to finally see them together.

And I wouldn't kick John or Nash out of bed :shifty:

She looks like she's still mucking around... although the "note" that she scrawled onto the wall today may show us that she doesn't have much strength left... although we *know* that John'll come through at the last minute and find her (like the white knight that he is).

Which begs the question, how the hell does a small town like Llanville (sp?) have such a grand arsenal of man and resources to do rescue missions that require land/air/and underground (with splunkers if necessary! lol) reconnaissence?

So Lila, I take it you're a John/Nattie girl? :wink:

Sevikins said:
She looks like she's still mucking around... although the "note" that she scrawled onto the wall today may show us that she doesn't have much strength left... although we *know* that John'll come through at the last minute and find her (like the white knight that he is).

Which begs the question, how the hell does a small town like Llanville (sp?) have such a grand arsenal of man and resources to do rescue missions that require land/air/and underground (with splunkers if necessary! lol) reconnaissence?

So Lila, I take it you're a John/Nattie girl? :wink:

I just hate that "they" keep us in suspense about "if" they will ever get together (before the kidnapping and John breaking up with Evangeline). I'm liking John lately. John to the rescue
Cheval03.gif

what about you?

Personally, I'd rather that John ends up with Evangeline... they look so good together. I find Natalie very clingy and desperate at times.

After this all I hope John makes his feelings clear about both the women... I hate being jerked from day to day wondering. :mad:

yeah, actually I don't care who John ends up with, just get with someone already :wink:

And you're right Windmilllane - lots of hoties! What about Sonny on GH?

oh lila i knew you were my kind of friend

natalie annoys me it's her expressions really.

what's with Jessica she leaves then comes back Canadian do they think we won't notice the accent. Plus how on earth can one person make so many bad decisions omg I'm done with her.

I do like John though:sexywink:

I haven't seen it in over a month but I've no doubt that not much has changed. That's the great thing about soaps except for when the actors change and you miss the episode where they tell you that's confusing anyways
Peureux08.gif

Lila64 said:
yeah, but how long can Natalie survive in that hole in the ground? We need some grand rescue ASAP, I can't wait til the end of summer for one (and Natalie probably can't either

Okay, back in the day on AMC, Natalie (not the same one, obviously) was put in a hole in the ground by her crazy ass sister Janet. Those were the days people, those were the days.... :wink:

I used to watch AMC, OLTL, and GH.

I cried so hard when Lucky "died" on GH in that fire.

And U2Dem: your cat's teeth are sharp! :yikes: That picture you posted of her is one of the cutest. :cute:

Oh yes, I remember Natalie! She was married to Adam at some point (who wasn't, afterall , it's a frickin soap!)

U2democrat said:
my mom is obsessed with All My Children...i'd rather let my cat bite me for the full hour than sit and watch it. :|

Absolutely agree !! :up:

Erica Cane used to make me laugh, such a first class snob !! :wink:
Actually, she was the only character that I thought was worth watching !! :yikes:

Hold it...Natalie from "All My Children" is on another show now and in another hole situation (ah, yes, I remember that Janet/Natalie thing, too :ohmy:...)?

You'd think that girl'd learn by now :p.

Course, you could say that about any of these soap opera characters-Erica's been married how many times now (sometimes more than once to the same guy :eyebrow: :huh:...)?

Also, I said this in some other thread a long time ago regarding soaps-just a warning to those who don't watch soap operas on a regular basis, it's always a dangerous thing to ask someone who has been watching for a long time what's going on, because then they have to sometimes go back 20 years to explain something that kickstarted all the events leading up to what's going on now, LOL. Believe me, I know, I've made that mistake a few times with my mom before :p.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom