David Letterman's Monologue, 9/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
Clip from Monday's show

For those of you who didn't catch the Letterman show on Monday, click the link and then click on "The Big Highlight" link. What follows is Dave's monologue (in Realplayer format). It is the most touching speech I have heard from anyone on this tragedy, and my respect for Dave has skyrocketed because of it. It takes strength to say what he said, and I admire him for saying it under the very apparent grief and pain he felt (and feels). Truly moving.

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 09-19-2001).]

Originally posted by Diemen:
Clip from Monday's show

For those of you who didn't catch the Letterman show on Monday, click the link and then click on "The Big Highlight" link. What follows is Dave's monologue (in Realplayer format). It is the most touching speech I have heard from anyone on this tragedy, and my respect for Dave has skyrocketed because of it. It takes strength to say what he said, and I admire him for saying it under the very apparent grief and pain he felt (and feels). Truly moving.

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 09-19-2001).]

Dieman,
Is there a transcript available? I can't get the realplayer thingy working (outdated computer)

thanks!

I haven't seen a transcript up anywhere, and seriously the transcript just wouldn't do it justice - it was the way Dave delivered it that made it so moving.

Good Job Dave!

------------------
Fishy
Zy85833.jpg

The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmaton
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Back
Top Bottom