David Lee Roth's Radio Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
The transformation to lighter stuff began pre-Sammy (again I refer to the train wreck that is "Jump").
EVH writes all the music, and the singer du jour is responsible for lyrics, so you can't blame Sammy, had DLR stayed the music would have continued to get a wee bit fluffier.
That being said, the Hagar era had some great rock tunes as well, just that radio embraces the lighter stuff (just like in Roth era the tunes with the most radio play were songs like "Jamie's Cryin'", "Dance the Night Away" and the train wreck known as "Jump").
In the Hagar era, radio embraced songs like "Dreams", "Why Can't This Be Love", "When its Love", "Runaround", "Right Now", and "Can't Stop Lovin' You"(notice the preponderence of "Love"), definitely lighter material. But there's plenty of good rockers that radio of course ignored, stuff like "5150", "Mine All Mine", "AFU", "Sucker in a 3 Piece", "Poundcake", "The Seventh Seal", "Aftershock", and "Humans Being" (for my money the top song from the Hagar era and a top 10 all time VH song).

Clearly Roth era VH rules, but I think thats more a reflection of Eddie being a young aggressive guitarist/songwriter more than a reflection on Dave(remember DLR tried his hand at lounge singing for a while). There's still some great material in the Hagar era catalog (and even a couple of good tunes with Gary Cherone off VH3), you just need to dig for them, you won't hear 'em on the radio.

Oh, I didn't know EVH wrote the songs all the songs for them, their style just changed too much for me at that point.

Although Humans Being and The Seventh Seal are some of my all-time faves as well

David Lee Roth- Even st the U2 site, he gets attention!

David Lee Roth is an extremely clever and funny entertainer. He is very intelligent and speaks at lightning speed NATURALLY. That is not from drugs although he is noted for doing his share. Roth is wealth of knowledge from both his voracious reading and his adventurous life . I believe given time his radio show will become more polished . He will eventually find a pace for his show and the audience that appreciates him .

I have seen David Lee Roth in person many times and he can work the room like nobody's business. This is not a person who is afraid of challenges. I admire that and it is one of the reasons I have always loved David Lee Roth . :up:

Thank you and good night. Throw your tomatoes at me now...:wink:

Last edited:
hey phanan--
just happened to be browsing here...
i went to your rival school--Exeter High in the 80s!
Did you know the Simmons brothers or the Faceys?

You don't have to apologize, I don't care :D

I haven't listened to his lame show since that one time, and I realized Monday that you can't listen to Howard on the Sirius web site :angry:

Man, does K-Rock suck now! What's the deal???

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about that Roth show on weekday mornings. On the other hand, I thought the Howard show was too crude too early in the day for me. :|

But Roth's show doesn't suck nearly as much as that agony aunt type show in the evenings.. with those goofy guys who keep laughing to bad jokes! God, that show sucks!

I've listened to Roth a few times in the past week and a half and I don't think he's that bad. Is it great? No, but definitely decent.

I like how people write him off after listening for 10 minutes saying this sucks. The guy has never hosted a radio show, cut him some slack. You probably sucked at your first week on the job too. Give him some time to grow before leaving him for dead.

Missed it......now it's cancelled out!.....{well can't be everywhere all the time I guess}.....

Ube.....who are these other two of which you speak {my circles often take me to far off places with strange sounding names so please try to understand why I not know of "them"}....

:|

They're two humans that had a syndicated show a couple of years ago, but the got fired after two listeners got their freak on in St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC. They're on XM now. They were funny. I used to listen to them. Hopefully Ron and Fez get a gig too.

Back
Top Bottom