David Gray Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
and your blouse, your skirt,
I'll undo them so gently with beautiful care
I'm a lonely man
with five bottles of wine I'd like you to share

--David Gray, "Debauchery"

What is it about that odd, touching Welsh growl? I have no idea. I'm all David Gray-ed out and I wanted to start a thread to honor this great and extraordinarily sexy man. Hopefully this will compensate for my having left A New Day at Midnight off my top 7 list.

Also: am I the only person in the world who owns Flesh?

whilst i must admit to liking White Ladder more than A New Day at Midnight, i have come to :up: him as well.

I will admit I'm not as fond of his Pre-White ladder stuff as i am of the new. And yes i have heard most of it. I think white ladder was genius. I love this man. I'm very excited for the show...THIRD ROW :drool: I rock.

I think he's right up there with Bono and Sting on my list of Very Sexy Men from Parts of the UK Who Sing About Sex And Make It Sound Quite Lovely.

I have Flesh.... weird how his voice then has so much more of a thick accent than it does now! :tongue:

Holding you close
through nights of winter rain
And I'm trying to spell
What only the wind can explain
It's colder than ever
Coming down

Yeah, you're right about the accent, Mona...like on "What Are You," for example, it's damn thick. You can barely understand him. So sexxxxxxxxy.

I love David! But I'm still waiting for A New Day at Midnight to grow on me. :|

White Ladder's great. It would be greater, though, if he had less artificial sounding drums but he was poor at the time, can't blame the guy..... :huh:

foray

David Gray Appreciation Thread"

I can't even to begin to put into words how much I love this mans music, his lyrics and flat out song writing. Although his new album is not as strong as "ladder" but there are not many albums that are, it still bleeds with emotion. Post anything here you have to say about him and his music(Only if you like him) no bashing here or I'll bash your head:)

paxetaurora said:

i have flesh. :drool:

but i love sell, sell, sell even more. :heart: :drool: :heart:

i really really really need to get that new one. :mad:

A new day at midnight is starting to grow on me a bit, although i think White Ladder is far better. I recommend Lost Songs also, good stuff....:up:

paxetaurora said:

NO!!! That's my favorite David Gray album!!! I LOVE him - I love his scratchy voice and he's one of my favorite songwriters. I'm getting the new album for Christmas, it's pure torture having to wait!

I love David Gray. Love him love him love him. There is something about his voice that just gets me. I think "A Century Ends" is my favourite David Gray album. I also have "Flesh", "White Ladder" and "A New Day At Midnight".
"A New Day At Midnight" is good, but takes some getting used to. It's actually the only David Gray album I have been listening to this last month. I am a little disapointed with the synthetic sound, as I prefer his more raw and acoustic works from the earlier days.
I am also disapointed that he is playing in huge venues like arenas and not coming anywhere near me. :( I'll never get to see David Gray.

Last edited:
i don't have any of his albums, haven't downloaded or copied stuff either, but i was on a bus yesterday and the driver was listening to what i'm pretty sure was "white ladder" and i really was enjoying it...i alsmot missed my stop, and i had the song that was after "babylon" stuck in my head for the rest of the day...

madonna's child said:
I love David! But I'm still waiting for A New Day at Midnight to grow on me. :|

I'm still waiting to get it!

Girl, where the hell have you been? Hope finals are treating you ok!!!

had to dig this up cause "A New Day at Midnight" is really great to me right now.....
maybe its the lovey dovey crap but tracks 8-12 are the money......

:wink:

I realy love 'New Day At Midnight.' Granted it doesn't have as many great songs on it like 'White Ladder'.

It still has its gems like 'Be Mine' 'Easy Way To Cry' 'Other Side' 'Real Love' 'Freedom' or 'Long Distance Call'

My roommate just went and saw him live. He loved it, said if you would have closed your eyes you would have thought you were listening to the album most of the time.

He bought the new album the next day, I like what I've heard of it so far.

I really liked White Ladder for about 3 or 4 months, havent listened to it much since then though. Got sick of hearing it on the radio so mcuh.

Back
Top Bottom