David Gray and the Turin Brakes.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
David Gray will be back in the US this summer and is being supported by the Turnin Brakes!!! Cant wait for this....heres the dates......

Date Venue Box Office No. On-Sale
16th July hartford, ct oakdale theatre
17th July hartford, ct oakdale theatre
18th July manchster, nh verizon wireless
19th July portland, me cumberland civic
21st July pittsburgh, pa station square
22nd July norfolk, va harbor ctr
24th July cleveland, oh tower city
25th July cincinnati, oh riverbend
26th July columbus, oh promo west
28th July milwaukee, wi rock stage
29th July indianapolis, in verizon amp
31st July nashville, tn amsouth amp

1st Aug st.louis, mo savvis
3rd Aug houston, tx cynthia woods
4th Aug austin, tx backyard
5th Aug dallas, tx next stage
7th Aug phoenix, az dodge theatre
8th Aug san diego, ca oat

Turin Brakes haven't even done a real US tour. They've just been to the NYC area and California as far as I know. :( Maybe after their new album is released here....

Elvis Presley said:
David Gray will be back in the US this summer and is being supported by the Turnin Brakes!!! Cant wait for this....heres the dates......

Date Venue Box Office No. On-Sale
16th July hartford, ct oakdale theatre
17th July hartford, ct oakdale theatre
18th July manchster, nh verizon wireless
19th July portland, me cumberland civic
21st July pittsburgh, pa station square
22nd July norfolk, va harbor ctr
24th July cleveland, oh tower city
25th July cincinnati, oh riverbend
26th July columbus, oh promo west
28th July milwaukee, wi rock stage
29th July indianapolis, in verizon amp
31st July nashville, tn amsouth amp

1st Aug st.louis, mo savvis
3rd Aug houston, tx cynthia woods
4th Aug austin, tx backyard
5th Aug dallas, tx next stage
7th Aug phoenix, az dodge theatre
8th Aug san diego, ca oat

:hug:

Well, even though I live here in Cincy, Im going to the Columbus gig, after seeing Coldplay this weekend at Promowest it is well worth it. Riverbend is good but not for this show, cant wait for the Turin Brakes too.....:wink:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Wasn't their new album just released? I saw about 10 copies of it at Borders today.

It would be cool if they toured on their own.

:shrug: I don't know. I never pay attention to US release dates anymore. :reject:

Ok, just bought my tix for the show, 40 bucks a pop, im depressed for the rest of the day at spending that much flow on a concert........

oh well, the depression will fade soon and I am going to the show so I might as well eat some ramen noodles and give plasma or something to make up for it...........

:wink:

I really like Turin Brakes' The Optimist LP. It's very, very pretty.

Ok, went to this show last night, first, let me say that Promowest Pavilion in Columbus is one of the best venues in the midwest. Much better than Riverbend in Cincy. Anyway, Turin Brakes were dissapointing in that they only played about 6 or 7 songs. I really like them, wish they would have played longer.
David Gray was very good, he was more high energy than I expected too and his drummer never dissapoints, hes nuts! Amongst a great 2 hour set were all DGs hits, as well as a cover of a Randy Newman song Baltimore, that was excellent. Anyone else catch this show or others this summer?

I saw DG supported by Turin Brakes in December at Earls Court, London. DG was AMAZING! I wasn't expecting him to have much of a stage presence you know, what with just being a guy with a guitar singing mainly slow songs but as soon as he walked onto the stage you knew it. He was FANTASTIC :D and Clune (the drummer) is really funny! :D
The only thing that spoiled the show for me was Turin Brakes. They are one of the most godawful bands I've ever heard :eyebrow: thier entire set sounded like 'whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine whiiiiiiiiiiiiinge' aside from Painkiller which is a half decent song.
But yeah David Gray was very very very good! :yes:

And after tomorrow, you shall have my review. Of course, I'm hoping I'll be able to see the stage. And drunk people won't spill beer on me. I wonder if my hatred of Summerfest includes things held on the Summerfest grounds when Summerfest isn't even going on. I guess I'll find out...

;) Nah, actually, I really am excited.

They are both gonna be at V Festival next month! Looking forward to seeing both of them havent seen either live before :up:

Oops, I guess I didn't come through in a very timely fashion with my review. I really enjoyed the Milwaukee show. I agree with a lot of what's been posted about David - I enjoyed him live a lot more than I thought I would. For me, hearing the songs live with the band (and the crazy drummer!) was better than hearing the album versions. The drummer ripped off his shirt at the end of the show - does he do that a lot? I was both slightly traumatized and amused. ;)

The show was pretty long - he played for over 2 hours. He complimented us on Lake Michigan. (The show was on the Summerfest grounds.) At the end of "Please Forgive Me," he leapt up from the piano and ran around the stage, bouncing and engaging the crowd. Too bad there was no heart to do a lap around. ;)

I really enjoyed Turin Brakes, too. Apparently this was only their 7th show in the U.S. The lead singer told us that Milwaukee was the most beautiful place they've been so far, and I was like, "Where have they been taking you poor boys?!" The guitar player was wearing a Packers shirt. I was a tiny bit bored on some of the slower songs I didn't know, but Pain Killer was fabulous (of course) I enjoyed the slower songs that I did know, and I also really liked the new song they played... Five Mile? Anyway. Good stuff.

Mirrorball Girl said:
Oops, I guess I didn't come through in a very timely fashion with my review. I really enjoyed the Milwaukee show. I agree with a lot of what's been posted about David - I enjoyed him live a lot more than I thought I would. For me, hearing the songs live with the band (and the crazy drummer!) was better than hearing the album versions. The drummer ripped off his shirt at the end of the show - does he do that a lot? I was both slightly traumatized and amused. ;)

The show was pretty long - he played for over 2 hours. He complimented us on Lake Michigan. (The show was on the Summerfest grounds.) At the end of "Please Forgive Me," he leapt up from the piano and ran around the stage, bouncing and engaging the crowd. Too bad there was no heart to do a lap around. ;)

I really enjoyed Turin Brakes, too. Apparently this was only their 7th show in the U.S. The lead singer told us that Milwaukee was the most beautiful place they've been so far, and I was like, "Where have they been taking you poor boys?!" The guitar player was wearing a Packers shirt. I was a tiny bit bored on some of the slower songs I didn't know, but Pain Killer was fabulous (of course) I enjoyed the slower songs that I did know, and I also really liked the new song they played... Five Mile? Anyway. Good stuff.

yeah, the DGs drummer is nuts, always with the crazy shirts and ripping them off , very amusing

:up:

I've always liked david gray but im getting REALLY into his music at the moment and I'm in love with BE MINE...

From the very first moment I saw you
That's when I knew
All the dreams I held in my heart
Had suddenly come true
Knock me over stone cold sober
Not a thing I could say or do
'Cos baby when I'm walking with you now
My eyes are so wide
Like you reached right into my head
And turned on the light inside
Turning on the light
Inside my mind hey