David Gray & Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
Ok ... I may get the crap kicked out of me for even suggesting this, but ...

We're Not Right by David Gray and High and Dry by Radiohead sound really similar. It's not the melody lines that David and Thom sing ... more like the backing guitar parts sound almost identical.

Comments...

Other than they both include acoustic guitars, I dont see it. Not even the same chords or strumming pattern.

They may both be in nearly the same time signature, but that's about the only connection I can make.

Last edited:
I think there must be a couple of notes or something that are the same/similar. I do the same with a Jesse Malin song. Everytime it starts, I think it's "Feel to Believe" by Beth Orton. :huh:

Hail to the Thief was my housemate's first Radiohead record (I've created a monster, btw). He loves it but he hears other influences. In fact, he can't remember the names of any of his favorite songs, so he refers to them as "The Pearl Jam song" (Go to Sleep), "The U2 Song" (Where I End & You Begin) and "The Neil Young Song" (A Punchup at a Wedding). :|

lol, joyful...

your housemate goes to Starsailor gigs with you, likes Radiohead....

this person keeps sounding better and better! :sexywink:

Why is he not on this board too??

JessicaAnn said:
Ok ... I may get the crap kicked out of me for even suggesting this, but ...

We're Not Right by David Gray and High and Dry by Radiohead sound really similar. It's not the melody lines that David and Thom sing ... more like the backing guitar parts sound almost identical.

Comments...

I don't hear it so muh in the backing guitar as much as the drum beat...not really the same, but I can see where you're coming from...you're not crazy. :) It is there slightly.

Although High and Dry is better...;)

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
lol, joyful...

your housemate goes to Starsailor gigs with you, likes Radiohead....

this person keeps sounding better and better! :sexywink:

Why is he not on this board too??

Yes, I have him well-trained. :D

He registered once a long time ago and was being a naughty troll so I made him go away, lol. Yes, the ladies always fall in love with the little charmer but he plays for the other team.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom