David Crowder Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean_Counter

The Fly
Any DCB fans here? If you're not...well, you should should be. Their new cd 'A Collision' just came out yesterday and is quite the masterpiece (it is number 2 at itunes and will takeover the number one spot by the end of the week).

Bean

Love me some Dave. I went out to find the disc yesterday and only found it at one place for $17. Not gonna do that, but I'll get it soon.

^_________________________^

david crowder is my hero.
have you read his book, 'praise habit'? it's positively spectacularly AWESOME. do read it.
i have all 4 of their cds [the last two were hte lime cd and sunsets and sushi] and omg they're all just breathtaking. i can't wait to buy A Collision... i just haven't had time yet, but seriously, i've heard/read SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many good things about it and all it's glorious splendor and how it just makes you want to sing out loud and praise God. yayyy <3<3

my friend is obsessed with dcb

:up:
i like em, ill consider getting their new album now though

I haven't read his book, but will definitely check it out.

the new cd is great!!! I preordered it through the DC*B website and it came with a bonus dvd with four demos (audio files) and the behind the scenes video recording of the song 'i saw the Light,' which is (are you sitting down???) a bluegrass hoedown tune. It is worth the price of the cd alone. I really dig the extra stuff they include too - like the interludes, etc.. If you check out the liner notes - read them carefully, you will find a link to a bonus mp3 as well, with a quiz for more stuff.....they are so cool, what other band does this???? Well, I guess we did get the bonus track 'Mercy' from "the boys".
Sorry for the rambling...Bean

I really like DCB!!! They are so awesome..... I haven't heard their new album yet, I will be sure to check it out

Picked up the latest cd last night, and after one listen, I'm pretty stunned.

Lots of similarities to Sufjan Stevens' Illinoise but not quite on that level, with the entire album flowing together, demanding to be heard and responded to as a whole; the track listing being long, wordy, and more similar to a novel or play, not a rock album... Really, the album feels like it has an accompanying visual aspect. It feels like I only got half the art by hearing it.

Not to elevate it to genius status or imply something "supernatural" going on, but I think the term "visionary" would apply to it. This album has been painstakingly and purposefully assembled as far as themes, direction, etc. That's obvious after just one listen. I'm scared of how much thought probably went into making this record. However, my first impression is that the lyrics may not be as strong as some of his previous work. And while the music is grand, very produced, and ambitious, I fear the novelty of banjos, etc., may wear off after repeated listens. His music really shook me on Can You Hear Us. But David set the bar high, so that's not saying it's bad.

Overall though, I'm impressed and am hungry to listen to it again. Dave is a rare talent and has an artistic mind that is so far out of the CCM norm/box? Thank God for him.

Back
Top Bottom