David Bowie: The next thread and the next thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TONIGHT I will create a list for the bsides/rarities etc round and then post it here to see what I'm missing.

My plan is to have two songs listed - John I'm Only Dancing and Love is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA). Each person will have two votes and two songs will go through.

What I just did for the cure was provide a list in the first post as a guide, and just let people say what four they wanted, even if they weren't on the list I provided.

TONIGHT I will create a list for the bsides/rarities etc round and then post it here to see what I'm missing.

My plan is to have two songs listed - John I'm Only Dancing and Love is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA). Each person will have two votes and two songs will go through.
velvet goldmine, dude.

oh, and since this is the david bowie thread and all, i finally got to see the exhibit this past saturday. it was absolutely phenomenal, a great place/way to go and fanboy out over his music, outfits, etc.

What I just did for the cure was provide a list in the first post as a guide, and just let people say what four they wanted, even if they weren't on the list I provided.

I thought that worked well, especially for artists with such a huge non-album catalogue like Bowie and The Cure.

It saved me a lot of time, since you can only have 30 options in the poll. Rather than arbitrarily deciding which songs should make the cut, or doing more than one thread, it was just like, fuck it, if people feel strongly enough about a b-side, they'll nominate it if I forgot it.

As many songs from The Next Day as there are from the Berlin Era? What the ever-loving fuck.

That said, I don't recognize some of those tracks, like Your Turn to Drive and Let Me Sleep Beside You.

10300020_10152267611877665_3142116724629985745_n.jpg

'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore, b-side to Sue (Or in a Season of Crime) is out now as well. And it too is great. Both of these songs are better than a handful of songs from The Next Day. Both songs are very lively and interesting musically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom