David Bowie survivor - Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel

• Don't Look Down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God Only Knows

• Tonight

• Neighbourhood Threat

• Tumble and Twirl

• I Keep Forgettin

• Dancing with the Big Boys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Oh yes, we're back, again. The next few rounds might be quite excruciating. Heathen was the next album to get a vote in the original poll, and we've got nine albums to get through before then. If anyone has any suggestions on how to speed things up, let me know.

Anyway, going through from Let's Dance are Modern Love, China Girl and Cat Peeps (Putting Out Fire).

Now we move on to Tonight, yet another Bowie album I've not heard.

david-bowie-tonight.jpg

Only ONE song goes through from this album, so choose carefully.

This one is really easy for me. Blue Jean absolutely rules. The first three tracks are pretty good. Man, the versions of Tonight and Neighbourhood Threat here are fucking awful compared to the versions that are on Lust for Life. Tonight, in particular.

But yeah, Blue Jean is awesome, and the extended video clip is cool too.

I may be voting late on this one. My headphones are still in Indiana. Waiting for Travis to send them to me.

God, this album sucks. Had to pick up friends from airport and listened it it twice in the round trip.

Not even Blue Jean is worth a vote, really.

God, this album sucks. Had to pick up friends from airport and listened it it twice in the round trip.

Not even Blue Jean is worth a vote, really.

It's so bad you had to listen to it twice?

Listened to it while I was walking to the library this morning and I'm definitely not over the moon about it. Always disliked Blue Jean, too, but I don't want to cause a tie, so instead of voting for Loving the Alien, for funzies, I'm going to vote for God Only Knows.

Political spin:

"Blue Jean had the most dominant first round of any song, winning from its album in a landslide with 2 thirds of all votes cast".

"The uncertainty behind Loving the Alien's legal resident status likely to blame for humiliating defeat."

Back
Top Bottom