David Bowie survivor - The Next Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdVuyHAq9Ks

• Dirty Boys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If You Can See Me

• Boss of Me

• Dancing Out in Space

• How Does the Grass Grow?

• You Will Set the World on Fire

• Feel So Lonely You Could Die

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Fall Dog Bombs the Moon and Bring Me the Disco King join us in the playoffs.

Now we move on to The Next Day. Remember that moment, when out of fucking nowhere, Where Are We Now appeared?

The album, I think, didn't turn out to be the masterpiece we were all hoping for, but there were some great songs on there and it was just awesome to hear the master at work once again.

We all know what the bloody cover was and I don't really need to see it again so I won't post it.

Vote for TWO songs.

Pretty easy choice for me. Stars Are Out Tonight is my favourite track, fucking adore it, and Where Are We Now still tugs at the ol' heartstrings (and it's one of the few tracks his vocals aren't buried 800 metres beneath the music).

Shiiiiit, I don't know what to vote for. Where Are We Now made me cry real tears of happiness when I first heard it, and the last lines still get to me every time.

But then there's like five other songs on here that are absolute stone cold favorites. I'll never know if it was the absence that did it or not, but I have a legitimate strong love for this album that will never be replaced.

I absolutely love this album. With the exception of a couple of weaker tracks, I love the energy and variety on this record. I'll say it: probably in my top five for Bowie.

My top two are The Next Day and I'd Rather Be High. Both songs never fail to give me goosebumps, especially the former.

Sent from my SM-G730V using U2 Interference mobile app

I love the spread of tracks getting votes so far. A lot of good material on this album.

I voted for Where Are We Now and Heat. Stars Are Out Tonight, The Next Day and Dancing Out in Space are other favorites.

I'm still thinking...
The songs on my list from last year are Dancing Out in Space, Where Are We Now and Love is Lost, so it'll likely be two of those three.

After a quick relisten I can confirm two things:

1) I love the fuck out of this album

2) Where Are We Now and Love Is Lost get my vote.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom