David bowie survivor - the final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vote for your FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Hard to believe, but here we are. The final.

I'm no historian, but it has been at least, what, five years since Peef started and ultimately failed to do a Bowie survivor? And many people doubted my ability to finish this one, but here we stand, ready to go, to pick the best David Bowie song according to a handful of people in Just the Bang and the Clatter.

So what will it be, and why?

david-bowie.jpg

screen_shot_20130122_at_15.59.19_0.png

Vote for your FAVOURITE of these two songs.

Argh. These are two legitimately great songs. Neither of them is in my top ten Bowie songs, though, which I suppose shouldn't matter, but it's making it hard for me to pick one.

1. Life on Mars?
2. Lady Grinning Soul
3. Moonage Daydream
4. Aladdin Sane
5. Heroes
6. Stay
7. Space Oddity
8. Golden Years
9. A New Career in a New Town
10. The Width of a Circle

Life On Mars? barely edges out Heroes. That ascension to the chorus just gets me every time. Great piano, lyrics, vocals. Both songs are among his best.

I can't choose either. Will have to give them both a few spins. Both among his very best, definitely.

Also pretty annoyed CLF also apparently fucks with thread titles.

Actually it's "Love is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix By James Murphy for the DFA)" please have some respect

This, from the man who didn't even capitalize Bowie's last name.

(I thought I posted that last night before I left work, but apparently I didn't hit submit, so it was just sitting here waiting to be snarky when I arrived at work this morning)

Well, that's why I put that in the spoiler tag. At the time, you hadn't explained and it was well timed...now it's just a joke that was lost to time :(

Doesn't look like I can vote with the mobile app? My vote goes to Life On Mars, anyway. Probably my favorite Bowie song.

You're a mod, can't you change it?

So basically with GAF's vote and Khanada's actual vote, we're tied up.

She changed it; if you count the names up, there are 9 for Heroes and 4 for Life on Mars, but mods can go in and adjust the numbers.

Should be 8-6 with GAF's vote.

yeah, we can only change the number of votes. i at least wanted to say what i was doing in the thread so it didn't seem like tampering was done on purpose.

i'm so gonna bug some friend to register on here just to vote for heroes. then it'll be tied, and we can run another poll to see which one's better, and it'll tie too. every poll will tie and your head will be a spinning chicken nugger.

Back
Top Bottom