David Bowie survivor round five - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Presenting The Semaphore Version of Wuthering Heights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
ers from Mars.

Scientists tell us there is, or at the very least was, Life on Mars, but David Bowie was much ahead of his time, asking the question way back in 1971. That song is joining us in the playoffs, as are Ch-ch-ch-changes and Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Pretty Things. Had I voted for Queen Bitch instead of Eight Line Poem, it would have joined us as well, so Laz, bolloz, 212, khan, YLB and peef, blame me. I agree with Laz - aren't people sick of Changes?!!?!

This round we are voting on The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.

The%2BRise%2Band%2BFall%2Bof%2BZiggy%2BStardust%2Band%2Bthe%2BSpider%2Bziggy.jpg

A tremendous album, you need to vote for your four favourites, as that's how many will be joining us in the playoffs.

Thread title FAIL

Also, I will never forgive you for that Queen Bitch snub.

Never.

Also, this is probably the most overrated album in Bowie's catalog.

I'll buy you a beer in LA.

This is obviously very tough, as I love pretty much every track here. Five Years is a non-negotiable, as is Moonage Daydream. My other two votes go to Lady Stardust (Bowie's vocal on that track is absolutely spellbinding, what a chorus) and Ziggy Stardust. I'm expecting Five Years, Moonage Daydream, Starman and Ziggy Stardust to go through, which would be fine, Starman is stellar, if you'll excuse the pun.

Tough one here. Moonage Daydream and Lady Stardust are the the easy choices for me, being two of my favorite Bowie tracks. I think the other two votes have to go Ziggy and Suffragette City, though Soul Love and Hang on to Yourself were strong contenders as well.

I've always felt Star is too maligned on this album. I love that outro, "I could fall asleep at night/in love all right as a rock n roll star..."

I know this is the crowning achievement of glam, but I've never cared for the actual music and sound on this album compared to his other important works.

A really enjoyable listen but not very "creative" to me if that makes any sense.

It's one of those albums I love every minute of, but I've just heard it too much at this point. I think it's my fourth favorite Bowie album.

Five Years, Moonage Daydream, Lady Stardust and Hang Onto Yourself are my picks. HOYS has no chance, but I think it's a perfect example of the genre and a joy to listen to.

Last edited:
It's one of those albums I love every minute of, but I've just heard it too much at this point. I think it's my fourth favorite Bowie album.

I think this is what the deal is for me, as well. It was the first album I heard of his, heard it many times before I heard anything else, and now I never listen to it.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm voting for, but since I haven't heard it in quite a while, a spin couldn't hurt.

0 votes for Rock n Roll Suicide so far is surprising. It's got a long way to go now.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Lady Stardust beats out Ziggy.

Moonage Daydream, but I just as easily could have voted for Starman, Five Years, Suffragette City, or Rock N Roll Suicide.

The point of the game is to vote for four of your favorites, so you should have included the rest.

I thought relistening to the album was going to make this decision easier...I was so wrong :sad:

I thought relistening to the album was going to make this decision easier...I was so wrong :sad:

Same here. I guess I'll vote for Starman, Lady Stardust and Ziggy, but I will listen to it again on my way home.

Moonage Daydream, Starman, and Ziggy Stardust. I haven't listened to the album in a while and don't feel like I'm in a position to vote for a fourth track.

I should listen to the album again.

David Bowie survivor round five - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the...

As did I. Tremendous song, and my fav from the album on some days.

One more vote and it will go through. Who's got an unsuspecting alter?

Can I count you down manually as a vote for Lady Stardust? Pretty please?

I'll take this opportunity to avail anyone's fears about the integrity of the competition :wink:

Can I count you down manually as a vote for Lady Stardust? Pretty please?

I'll take this opportunity to avail anyone's fears about the integrity of the competition :wink:

It still wouldn't put it through though, would it? I thought Moonage/Starman/Ziggy/SC were set to go through.

Shit, you're right.

I implore SOMEONE, ANYONE, to at least vote for Five Years. It would be an absolute travesty if that song doesn't go through. on my Bowie Rushmore.

Back
Top Bottom