David Bowie survivor - Low. Take three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I told them we already got one!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
We only had nine voters last round :( joining us in the playoffs will be Station to Station, Golden Years, Sexy Stay and Wild is the Wind. One more vote and Word on a Wing would have got through too, but it missed out :sad:

NOW, we move on to the first of the so-called Berlin Trilogy, the undeniable masterpiece LOW.

david-bowie-low.jpg

Low too has four songs going through so vote for your four favs!!

Sorry people. IWB you can repeat your post if you like. Here's mine:

And I'm going to need a mod to change this poll to make multiple votes available. I certainly can't complain about the abuse I cop on this forum, it's all well deserved.

Anyway, this isn't too hard for me. I really hope everyone else loves New Career as much as I do, genuinely one of my absolute favourite Bowie tracks. Always Crashing in the Same Car is tremendous, Speed of Life is one of my funeral songs. The fourth vote goes to either Breaking Glass, What in the World, Sound and Vision or Subterraneans. Sound and Vision won't need my help, and as much as I love the weirdness of Breaking Glass, Subterraneans moves me emotionally.

I think this is a truly brilliant album in the purest sense of the word; every track, no matter how epic or slight, adds something wonderful to the experience.

That being said, the real meat of the album is, to me, tracks 4-7. I would be most likely to listen to those out of context.

I have to admit Art Decade and Weeping Wall always underwhelm me. Both songs are good, but after such a stellar eight tracks ahead of it, they just don't do much for me.

I'm the first one to vote for Warszawa? That's weird.

By far my favorite Bowie album. My picks are Sound and Vision, Always Crashing in the Same Car, and A New Career... Speed of Life was the next one in line.

I really wish someone would reissue this album on vinyl. I'm going to need another listen before I can decide on my selections. The one I know I'll be voting for is Breaking Glass.

Is it safe to vote in here now? :wink:

Ugh, this is the hardest decision I've yet had to make in these rounds.

There's Speed of Life, What in the World, Sound and Vision, A New Career in a New Town, Warszawa, Weeping Wall and Subterraneans. My initial gut reaction, before relistening to the album was to just vote all instrumentals. But I had to go and relisten, so now I'm stuck.

I wanted to do two and two, but I just can't justify voting for What in the World over any of my favorite instrumentals, so in the end, I'm gonna vote for:

Sound and Vision
A New Career in a New Town
Warszawa
Subterraneans

Oh my heart, it hurts.

Would love to see one more vote for Speed of Life, but I'm pretty stoked that Subterraneans is going to get through, as well as New Career (didn't realise it had fans!). Good stuff, b&c

Surprised Breaking Glass hasn't received more love. The bass line in there is as jaunty as Bowie's ever been. And for some reason the line "Don't look on the carpet; I drew something awful on it" always makes me chuckle.

While running through this album again, I remembered just how strong my love for it is. I've been saying lately that Station to Station (Which, incidentally, I found at a record store today!) is my favorite of his, but I think I might be slipping back into Low being my favorite once more.

Surprised Breaking Glass hasn't received more love. The bass line in there is as jaunty as Bowie's ever been. And for some reason the line "Don't look on the carpet; I drew something awful on it" always makes me chuckle.
I really like the song, but on a great album like this, it's comparatively slight.

Back
Top Bottom