David Bowie survivor - Hunky Dory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Joining us in the playoffs from The Man Who Sold The World will be the rocking horse-featuring title track, Bowie's tribute to the mathematical term diameter and Black Country Rock.

This round, we are picking three songs each from Hunky Dory. I'm a bit bummed it's only three, there's so many good songs, but that's what happens in survivors, hey.

We only had nine voters in the last round, but hopefully we have some more this time around.

David-Bowie.jpg

Three songs progress, you got 48 hours.

This one is really tough for me. Life on Mars is obvious, but the other two...

Not voting for Changes, which I've just heard far too many times and isn't that amazing, albeit a good single. I think Queen Bitch will get through, and it is a great song, but honestly I think I'm voting for Song for Bob Dylan, which I've always loved, a great quieter sort of track and Quicksand.

Easy enough for me. Changes, Oh You Pretty Things and Life on Mars are unassailable classics. I cannot hear them enough. As much as I like the album as a whole, it does peak early for me.

Last edited:
This is a tough one. Changes and Life on Mars? are the easier picks for me, but it was a coin toss between Song For Bob Dylan and Kooks. Voted for the former. I also feel bad for not voting for Oh! You Pretty Things.

Low will be another tough one to choose from.

Easy enough for me. Changes, Oh You Pretty Things and Life on Mars are unassailable classics. I cannot hear them enough. As much as I like the album as a whole, it does peak early for me.

How does an album with Queen Bitch, Andy Warhol, Song For Bob Dylan, and Bewlay Bros "peak early"?

This album has so many standout songs, it's a travesty it didn't make the top level. You all suck.

Let's not take Queen Bitch for granted, folks. Only at 1 vote.

What happened to all the Lou Reed fans? He just died and the song is ABOUT him.

Changes, Pretty Things, and Life on Mars. Safe choices I guess, but those are three absolute classics.

How does an album with Queen Bitch, Andy Warhol, Song For Bob Dylan, and Bewlay Bros "peak early"?

This album has so many standout songs, it's a travesty it didn't make the top level. You all suck.

Good to see some love for Bewlay Brothers.

Let's not take Queen Bitch for granted, folks. Only at 1 vote.

What happened to all the Lou Reed fans? He just died and the song is ABOUT him.

Is it? I didn't know that.

It might even say something in the hand-drawn liner notes. Can't quite remember; my copy was stolen a few years back and I still need to replace it.

Queen Bitch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it does; on the back it says "(some v.u., white light returned with thanks)"

it's possibly my favourite track on the album, which says a lot because i love so many songs on here. i can't believe it's only in fourth place.

i'll just completely ruin this poll and make the results look like this:
the first three tracks: 10ish votes apiece
everything else: 0 or 1 votes
queen bitch: A MILLION VOTES

Back
Top Bottom