David Bowie survivor - Black Tie White Noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

"Mr Bradshaw will you stand up?" ... "This demonstrates the value of not being seen.&

• The Wedding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You've Been Around

• Black Tie White Noise

• Pallas Athena

• Don't Let Me Down & down

• Looking for Lester

• I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

• The Wedding Song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Heaven in Here, not Under the God, will be joining us in the playoffs.

Now that I'm back from the rally we move on to Black Tie White Noise.

Wikipedia tells me this was something of a renaissance for David.

The cover is probably the best cover in his oeuvre, in terms of showing off his different eyes.

cover_9451919112009.jpg

Vote for one, one song goes thru.

This is an alright album. I used to listen to it a lot when it came out.

His vocal performance on the Morrissey cover (I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday) is astounding, but as for best track...I'll give it another go tomorrow.

This is mr Jones of 33, the Crescent, Leeds. Mr Jones has presented us with a poser. We do not know which tree he is behind.

That's right. It was the middle one.

It looks to me as though his eyes look nearly identical in that picture, or were you being facetious?

Regardless, just now getting to Tin Machine II today. Not only do I enjoy it, I much prefer it to the first. Ah well, I don't think it would have mattered if I'd voted, it's not like these tracks will last long.

I'll listen to this album shortly.

Wow, what a delightful surprise this album was. Nice to see the Bowie instrumental make a return, in 90s garb. I'm having a hard time deciding what to vote for. My two favorite tracks both were "instrumentals" so I don't really want to vote for a song Bowie doesn't even feature on. That leaves us with a neck and neck race between "Jump They Say" and "Don't Let Me Down & Down".

:hmm:

Jump They Say is a very personal song dealing with his half-brother's suicide.

Nite Flights is a Scott Walker cover, and I'm only voting for Bowie originals.

Think I'm gonna go with Miracle Goodnight.

Jump They Say is a very personal song dealing with his half-brother's suicide.

Nite Flights is a Scott Walker cover, and I'm only voting for Bowie originals.

Think I'm gonna go with Miracle Goodnight.

Damn it. I was likely going to vote for what you did, because I didn't like the other songs that got votes as much, but you leave me no choice but to cause a four-way tie :tsk:

I found it to be a nice surprise as well. I will do Labyrinth, just forgot about it. I really liked The Wedding as well.

:up: thank you ;)

Much better album than I remember it being. I'd go with I Know It's Gonna Happen, but I agree with Laz about Bowie originals getting precedence, so I'm voting for Nite Flights.

Back
Top Bottom