David Bowie Song Survivor - "Ziggy Stardust" Album Voting - Round 5 of 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don't lean on me, man.

• Soul Love

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Starman

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • It Ain't Easy

• Lady Stardust

• Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ziggy Stardust

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Vote for your favorite song!

Five Years and Suffragette City tied for victory, skipping a fourth round and advancing to the tournament.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars gets four more.

This poll will be open for twenty-four hours.

THE TOURNAMENT
1. When I Live My Dream*
2. Space Oddity*
3. Memory of a Free Festival
4. The Man Who Sold the World*
5. The Width of a Circle
6. Saviour Machine
7. Life on Mars?*
8. Queen Bitch
9. Changes
10. Oh! You Pretty Things
11. Moonage Daydream*
12. Hang on to Yourself
13. Five Years
14. Suffragette City

* - Denotes Album Champion

Rock 'n' Roll Suicide, again.

I really wanted RNRS, Ziggy, Lady, and Starman to get in. Now only two of them will. Fuck.

R 'n R Suicide starts off superbly, but falters for me at the end. Star, Ziggy & Lady are great too but not good enough for this comp. Starman I've always loved as much as Suicide and feel is a bit stronger all the way through. The opening lyrics remind me of what it was like to listen to the different dj's in the early 70's and the hope & excitement of hearing something new.

Starman it is

Falters at the end? :eyebrow: A lot of people consider that one of the all-time classic album endings.

I've understood when people said it started slow and finished strong, but started strong and finished poorly?

But Lady Stardust sang his songs of darkness and disgrace...

Which album should I get next? Station to Station, Space Oddity, Diamond Dogs or Young Americans?

LemonMelon said:

Any time. I wasn't blowing smoke. :up:

I feel I'm a bit overrated on epinions to be honest. :wink: One of the advisers rated me best newcomer (though I'm not, in fact, a newbie; I had an account but deleted it and started over), and all of these people trusted me at once. I dunno...I'm no better than anyone else. The difference is the time I put into it, really. :shrug:

:up:

I think one of the problems though is that you get too many people who join up to give their favourite albums five stars and piss in the pocket.

Have a look at the likes of Dark Side, Sgt. Pepper, etc etc etc, a lot of the reviews are five stars, most of them saying under cons "none" or "are you kidding".

Finishing off vu&n review today.

phillyfan26 said:
Falters at the end? :eyebrow: A lot of people consider that one of the all-time classic album endings.

I've understood when people said it started slow and finished strong, but started strong and finished poorly?

I guess people relate quiet with slow and screaming with strong.

It does start slowly but only in tempo. It's a great melody, reflective and folky. After the rock'n roll madness of side 2, the end of the band and the orgy of Suffragette, to me it's like he's just woken up with the realization of what he's lost. The first two minutes of this and the first 3 minutes of 5 Years are probably my favorite moments of the album. Just don't care very much for either build-up. Prefer the chorus of Starman and the guitar work of Mick on it more than the ending of Suicide. But I love Suicide, it is a classic ending song and I would have voted for it next and before 5 Years. It's total nit-picking, but that's what it comes down to with an album that is so strong from start to finish. I mean, every song on this album is worthy of moving on. Unfortunately, I find the last minute a bit anti-climatic. Regardless of how loud it gets.

Guess I'm in the minority there. :ohmy:

:)

COBL_04 said:
But Lady Stardust sang his songs of darkness and disgrace...

Which album should I get next? Station to Station, Space Oddity, Diamond Dogs or Young Americans?

In that order:

Station to Station
Space Oddity
Diamond Dogs
Young Americans

hardyharhar said:

I guess people relate quiet with slow and screaming with strong.

It does start slowly but only in tempo. It's a great melody, reflective and folky. After the rock'n roll madness of side 2, the end of the band and the orgy of Suffragette, to me it's like he's just woken up with the realization of what he's lost. The first two minutes of this and the first 3 minutes of 5 Years are probably my favorite moments of the album. Just don't care very much for either build-up. Prefer the chorus of Starman and the guitar work of Mick on it more than the ending of Suicide. But I love Suicide, it is a classic ending song and I would have voted for it next and before 5 Years. It's total nit-picking, but that's what it comes down to with an album that is so strong from start to finish. I mean, every song on this album is worthy of moving on. Unfortunately, I find the last minute a bit anti-climatic. Regardless of how loud it gets.

Guess I'm in the minority there. :ohmy:

:)

I don't think the volume has anything to do with it at all. That's not why I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom