David Bowie at 60

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
60? Wow. Seriously, David Bowie stands as one of the most incredible and terribly underrated artists of the past 40 years. The man's a living legend, and he's still putting out amazing work. What a guy.

Britain doesn't have very many great solo artists but he's up there with the best of all time. Legend. Can't believe he's nearly 60.

He's making great music again after some late 80s/early 90s weirdness. Woo woo!

Seriously, though, as far as solo artists he's right up there with Elvis Costello as my favourite wordsmith.

:shame:

he's great... and thou I don't know much of his music... Live Aid HEROES and the Freddie Mercury Tribute UNDER PRESSURE are probably the best I've seen of a solo performance EVER

Lancemc said:
Seriously, David Bowie stands as one of the most incredible and terribly underrated artists of the past 40 years.

I don't know if I'd call him underrated :shrug:

Can't believe he is 60.

I bought his best of album the other day and can't stop listening to it :drool:

I've always loved his music (and yes even Labrynth) it's great to see him plugging along and still looking good at 60 :combust:

pepokiss said:
:shame:

he's great... and thou I don't know much of his music... Live Aid HEROES and the Freddie Mercury Tribute UNDER PRESSURE are probably the best I've seen of a solo performance EVER

Yeah, have to agree with the "Heroes" performance at LiveAid, Pepo, definetly the best version I've ever heard of that song.

Canadiens1160 said:
He's making great music again after some late 80s/early 90s weirdness. Woo woo!

Seriously, though, as far as solo artists he's right up there with Elvis Costello as my favourite wordsmith.

Are you talking about the Tin Machine period their Canadiens1160, or the mid '80's Lets Dance, Tonight, & Never Let Me Down, if its the latter, definetly agree, those 3 LP's don't deserve to have Bowie's name on them, but if its Tin Machine I'd have to disagree, personally I thought both were excellent albums, containing some of his very best Rock material, the first was consistant right through from start to finsh, the second whilst not as consistantly great, contained,imo, one of his greatest tracks ever, One Shot, & also during this period he co-wrote with Adrian Belew, another of his greatest, Pretty Pink Rose, its all down to personal opinion though, but just thought I'd share that with ya!

EMI are re-releasing all the old albums, starting, believe it or not on Jan. 8th. remarkable timing or what? Still if it introduces newcomers to his brilliance, can't be all bad.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
:rockon:

I'd never have guessed he was 60! Would love to see him in concert sometime:)

As much as I worship BOWIE, & I've seen him live a few times '78,'83,'87twice,'90twice, & '95, even HE wasn't as good live as U2, especially ZOOTV.

Back
Top Bottom