Dave Matthews Solo Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keocmb

Refugee
Has anyone else heard it? I recommend it, I'm really enjoying it.

Can anyone help me out with the lyrics to "An' Another Thing?" I've tried a bunch of sites (dmband.com, azlyrics.com, etc.) and none of them seem to have them.

this is B&C material, but yes it kicks ass. I have not been able to stop listening to it.

I preordered it from their site and got the bonus promo disc of Dave and Tims tour from this past spring. that is also kick ass.

Rain for me on you but call me
It's my broken heart just where you leave me
The way I see you ooh

Rain on my head
Ooh ooh ooh ooh
Rain on my head
Wonder would you

Stay a minute just to hear the way you look (???)
Sweet and tender would you go out again
Rain on my head
Wouldn't you
Rain on my head
Someone (???)
Rain
Wonder would you

I met a girl recently
All the sudden, all the suddenly noboby again
Oh but (???)
All the sudden, all the suddenly nobody
On the day of (???)

Rain
Oh, rain on my head
Wonder would I

Days
Minutes minutes days
How you and I

Rain
(???)

Don't you look at me
Don't you look at me
Rain on my head
Rain on my head

doesn't look like the people at that site were too clear on the words either...

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

doesn't look like the people at that site were too clear on the words either...

Thank you, IWasBored. I appreciate it!

Sorry about the misplacement, my mistake. I'm not good at judging where to post stuff.

On a serious note, my friend who's pretty much the equivilent of a Dave Matthews PLEBAn says the new album is awesome. I've yet to have a listen, but I've liked what I've heard of the new single.

I have no ability to stop listening to this album. none. This is one of the best albums I have bought in a while.

I was going to say what my favorites are, but the entire thing is good.

So Damn Lucky, Trouble, Save Me, Stay or Leave, the insturments on An' Another Thing, Oh, Up and Away all sick good.

Someone else go buy this album please.

Dodo, Stay or Go?, and song no 10 are so fucking good I've been listening to them everyday. Over and over again.

Its sooooooooo good.

I love this CD

Sorry I still really don't know the names yet

Finally hearing some new music with strong musical integrity and thought provoking lyrics is like taking a breathe of fresh air. It's so good that in this day and age of mind-numbing, manufactured music, that there are actually singers and songwriters out there like Dave Matthews. This album is fucking great. Dodo and So damn lucky are my favorites so far. I also got the live bonus cd with Dave and Tim. Awesome version of "Seek up" on there.

Personaly when I listen to this album, it bugs me that there are so many people at this forum that talk shit about Dave Mathews.

I agree w/everyone saying that this album is amazing. Cash flow being improved this week, I finally picked up Some Devil the other day (along with Rufus Wainwright's new CD, which I have not listened to yet). And it only confirms my belief that Dave Matthews is truly the Paul Simon of our generation. Like DiGi, I can't stop listening to it. "So Damn Lucky," "Oh," "Gray Blue Eyes"...actually, you know what, every song is good. Seriously. Everyone on this forum who talks shit about Dave Matthews should be FORCED to listen to this album.

gherman said:
Personaly when I listen to this album, it bugs me that there are so many people at this forum that talk shit about Dave Mathews.

Well, no one in this thread has talked shit about him yet. So I'll start. I think the new album is mediocre and Gravedigger is just awful. Musically the album is strong. Just can't stand that man's voice.

Finally someone said some trash! I didn't want to be the first one to talk smack about Dave Matthews but I'll gladly jump on the band wagon!
WTF? Solo album?? I thought he was already solo. DAVE MATTHEWS Band, hello??
Oh yea, he and his band suck. I don't like his voice and their music style. It's like nails on a board.

*Shrugs*

I personally don't mind the Dave Matthews Band. I haven't heard TONS of their songs, but I like the stuff I have heard (particularly "Crush"-dear god, does that song rock-I particularly love the fiddle in that song).

But if some people don't care for them...whatever, they have their reasons.

I just hope that this thread stays civil.

Angela

You know what? I'm really tired of people on this forum coming into threads for the express purpose of trashing certain bands and artists. I saw it happen with my John Mayer thread a few weeks ago and I'm seeing it happening now. I can't stop you from expressing your opinions, but if you can't say anything nice, there's no reason for you to come into a thread and rain on the proverbial parade of posters trying to enjoy something together.

DiGi said:
I have no ability to stop listening to this album. none.

:lol:

That's all I needed to know. I will buy this this afternoon.

Did anyone see him last night on Charlie Rose? Not the greatest interview (Charlie asked boring questions) but Dave looked good enough to eat :drool: and he did a great solo/acoustic version of Gravedigger--a song I don't particularly like because I'm just not interested in that little historical story--but it was beautifully done. Dave is an incredible person. Even if you don't like his voice or his music or his looks, the guy is extraordinary, a rare breed in pop/rock music.

Bunbury said:
Solo album?? I thought he was already solo. DAVE MATTHEWS Band, hello??

It's a group effort, hello.
The money is split equally, hello.

Back
Top Bottom