dare you to post your phobias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Not really a phobia but i have a fear of never fulfilling my potential and not being happy in my life. That REALLY scares me.

Right now that very fear is scaring the shit out of me...

I can't believe I'm going to post this in public, but some kinds of computer animation/claymation really get to me(i.e. James and the Giant Peach or that nasty-ass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer).

Necks

Well not really a fear of necks, but an intense fear of having mine touched...I completely freak out...no joke. I can't even wear necklaces because I am afraid someone will try to touch it, like "Oh that's a pretty necklace...AAAAHHHH!!!"
smile.gif
When I was little I couldn't even wear one, because I couldn't stand it touching my neck, but now I can wear them on special occasions, I just get all freaked out if someone gets to close.

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was, if ever-oh-wehver a wiz there was the Wizard of Oz is one because, BECAUSE, because, because, BECAUSE...Because of the wonderful things he does!

[This message has been edited by FishNeedsABicycle (edited 11-09-2001).]

i, too, am afraid of public restrooms. they totally creep me out. i also have a strange fear of frosted glass. i truly can't explain it. my dad has it too. we're a weird family. in the last few years it has evolved into a fear of things that feel like frosted glass, e.g. terra-cotta. touching things that feel like frosted glass makes me want to barf. oh, and i'm afraid of the dark.

I'm a bleedin' quadropheniac!

I love the Who...

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Planes.....I hate them!
I can only get on a plane after having a whiskey or a couple of beers....lol

Oh! And my other phobia is Luis Miguel...That guy makes me sick!

Flavia

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
Necks

Well not really a fear of necks, but an intense fear of having mine touched...I completely freak out...no joke. I can't even wear necklaces because I am afraid someone will try to touch it, like "Oh that's a pretty necklace...AAAAHHHH!!!"
smile.gif
When I was little I couldn't even wear one, because I couldn't stand it touching my neck, but now I can wear them on special occasions, I just get all freaked out if someone gets to close.

Fishy <><

My sister has this very same phobia! It is the oddest thing... even if the seatbelt strap rubs against her neck she completely freaks out!

My fear is fire... definately fire... I am fearful that we will have a house fire, or others that I love will be involved in a house fire. It's an explainable fear being that my grandfather died in a house fire in '92. He had muscular dystrophy and just thinking of him in the house, alone and helpless, reduces me to tears.

Our fire alarm is near the bathroom, and when I open the door after taking a steamy shower the alarm will sometimes sound. I really need to look into having this fixed because it plays with my mind.

Flying, falling, heights, in ground swimming pools,death, aging, myself or a loved one getting sick or seriously hurt, potato bugs, the government(except the military), missing out, not having money, being late(that goes with missing out, i guess), and probably a few other things that i cant think of right now.
frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Wow. Lots of strange stuff going on in your heads, people. I think frosted glass is the weirdest, actually; no offense
smile.gif

U2Bama, chilli rawks.

zoomanda, you should come to New Zealand. There are zero snakes here!

4a

Yeah I dont live the best country for a snake phobia. We have the highest number of venemous snakes in the world. Indiana Jones and I are best buddies.

*shudders*

Now I know why I hate that smilie, its got a snake in its mouth!

It has always puzzled me as to why there are so many snakes, especially of the venomous sort, in Australia, yet ZERO snakes in Australia.

And the only U.S. state with no snakes? Hawaii. And I thought it would have been Alaska.

But I do not have a fear of the legless reptiles. Just clowns.

I'm afraid of Cows.

By the way I live on a 36 square mile island with an exploding volcano that almost killed me once, and I'm not scared of it.

Well only when it blows at night anyway.

Dying a painfully alone, loveless, and intellectually aloof death.

Living a painfully alone, loveless, and intellectually aloof life.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I'm afraid I'm will stay a bachelor untill i die while all my friends are getting married or have boy/girlfriends and nobody will come to visit me and my 15 cats...

The dentist, though i have a really great dentist, it never hurted me, and without being arrogant i can say i can take quite a lot of pain, but dentist scares the hell out of me. And i'm NOT really afraid of the drill, but it's the little hook that freaks me out!!!

BTW: Haven't seen the guy in 3 years (I know, i should visit the good guy again)

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I dont like heights, moreover I dont like the injury caused from falling from said heights. I mean I can deal with airplanes, and buildings. But I went to the CN tower, and they have that glass floor deal... I dont give a flying fuck what the engineers say it can hold, there is no way ppl could get me onto that. From past experiance, glass = breakable, and floors = solid, so glass several hundred meters above the ground makes for one serious splat mark if I were to step on it. I really didnt enjoy that. Beyond that, the only other thing that bothers me are pedestrian suspension bridges, I mean theyre so feckin small! they just dont seem safe to me.

Now, beyond that. Fear of people I love dying is a big one. I mean its not really frequent, its just my dad had a heart attack, my grandpas had a few close calls... That pretty much wrecks me, I worry myself sick when that stuff happens... Also when my friends that live out of town, whom I only talk to online now, seemingly dissapear. My friend Jenny hasnt been on for 3 weeks now and Im worried to death! Im going to call her though, and get bitched at for using long distance without reason again.

I dont like the feel of caurderoy(sp) pants, its not a fear but its just unsettling. Same goes with the noise that happens when you twist styrofoam into little peices.

I dont like the aliens from the aliens series. Good ol ripley tho... LMAO. Actually, I saw Aliens 2 or whatever when I was like 8 and it scared the fuck out of me. My aunts fault I suppose for not doing the best job of babysitting, but oh well. Still freaky.

Hmmm... lets see...

Fear of not living up to my parents expectations. My grandpa was president of Canada Trust, had 4 of his own businesses, on the head council for scouts canada, is still on the council at the Conservatory of Western Ontario... My dad can support a family of 5 even though hes the only one that works... I mean Im going to have to be just as good or better than that, and I lack the self esteem to think I can do so, cuz I really dont think its possible...

Anyways... Off to create an army of lizardmen with which i can take over the earth... c ya!

I used to be terrified of water, now it?s limited to lakes and deep ocean water. I literally panic and become hysterical...not only is it embarrassing but it?s a miserable feeling.

I agree with Manda, I?m so worried about rejection by everyone...and I?m flat out sick of it. I?m gonna beat that one soon.

My biggest fear right now though, is not choosing the right college and being miserable where I do end up going. I so want everything to be perfect and to create the life I want to live..and I want to meet people I can really connect with and honestly make a difference in the relationships I build.

Yes, and i worry too much about people and the things i cant control

Fishy, thats so weird! my friend has something like that, she has an extreme phobia about people touching her ears..

Bebe
frown.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

well i suffer with obsessive compulsive disorder i get really scared about the thought of my teeth falling out it is awful im over the worst now but at one point i wouldnt eat drink or talk (please dont think im weird) i also hate the number 7,i hate flys and spiders i hate feeling physicaly trapped and i have a fear of fires .i know basically im a nervous wreck!!!!!!

------------------
POP
Be careful where you aim cause where you aim you just might hit

livelylemmons@aol.com

planes

bugs

radiohead

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

i think thats half the reason i started swimming Manda! i got too pissed off at being the big baby who would sit on the side and never go in. it was infuriating

prolly did sound rather weird tho
biggrin.gif

btw, is anyone else deathly afraid of standing on the platform when a train goes by full speed? I can do it if i have to but it really freaks me out.

funny though, I don't mind planes one bit..in fact, I love take-off (which is the most dangerous time during flight i think ?)

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I get nervous on airplanes very easily. I'm ok if the plane is just cruising along nicely but bumpiness or even changes in the sound of the motor freak me out.

I think TONS of people have that kind of fear. I used to be anxious during the entire flight, even when there wasn't turbulence. My palms would sweat. And that's funny about the motor sounds -- I can relate completely.

I am a very weird person:
I love turbulence on planes, I smile and have a great time. Everyone else on the plane looks at me with an "okay..weirdo: look on their face. I get dissapointed if there is no turbulence.

Fears:

-Not being able to punch someone hard enough. I have a recurring dream in which I am fighting someone but my hand moves through the air like the air is quicksand and I just can't hit the other person who is laughing at me. That dream absolutely terrifies me.
-Falling. If I'm not dreaming that I can't hit someone I dream of falling from a great height. I always end up leaping out of bed in a cold sweat after that....i HATE those dreams....
Hold me.
-Bluey

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

Cancer
Death
Elevators

------------------
"Find the meaning of the act, remember how it goes
Every time you take the water and you swim against the flow
The world is all around us, the days are flying past
And fear is so contagious, but I?m not afraid to laugh"

Neil Finn

Cancer
Death
Elevators

------------------
"Find the meaning of the act, remember how it goes
Every time you take the water and you swim against the flow
The world is all around us, the days are flying past
And fear is so contagious, but I?m not afraid to laugh"

Neil Finn

Lol, Bluey!!
See, my fear of flying is very odd ebcause i LOVE planes! I'm even considering joining the Air Force for goodness sake! I love air shows and airmen(heh hehh...), but i have never flown. Weirdo!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Back
Top Bottom