Daniel Lanois - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
I posted this in PLEBAns, so mods you can delete one or merge them somewhere because I don't know where this should go. :huh:

Also, sorry for posting this twice. :der:

I have two extra tickets for Daniel Lanois' gig at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago on Friday, May 30th.

They're pretty good seats, forth row, stage left. They're $33, face value.

Sorry that it's a bit short notice, but we don't want them to go to waste.

If anyone is interested, please reply here or e-mail me at claytonsspoon@aol.com.

Thanks!

~J

*bump*

This offer still stands. We're still looking for someone to come with us to see Daniel Lanois tomorrow night in Chicago. I know you all know who he is. And it's almost guaranteed that he'll play "Still Haven't Found" ... it'll be a great show!

Anyone?

Aww...I'd go if I knew about it much, much earlier. It'd be a shame if those tickets went to waste.

Somebody ought to snatch this ticket up right now! Daniel Lanois is amazing in concert. I saw him a bunch of times after his last 2 records came out. You are in for a treat and I can't believe you can't get rid of that ticket! I'd jump on it if I lived there.

He's going to be here tomorrow nite. I've actually never even heard his stuff before but I got a little excited when I saw his name on the marquee. I guess it was just the U2 connection that got me all excited and for a split second I thought about going into the venue to see if there were any tickets left. If I was working right now I would have seriously checked out the ticket option. I'd like to see him just out of curiousity.

:(

We still have the extra tickets. :sad:

If anyone becomes interested, please, please e-mail me. I will check my e-mail via my phone up until the show. If you e-mail me privately with your phone # we can discuss this further. :)

We'll be leaving for the venue at around 4. My e-mail address is Claytonsspoon@aol.com

Thanks,
~J

arw9797 said:
can't you just try to sell them once you get there? At least they won't go to waste that way.

We're certainly going to try...I don't want there to be empty seats when it's a sold-out show. But I also don't want to be arrested for scalping ;)

~J

Also side-note, forgot to mention earlier, I can't check Interference from my phone...so, please do e-mail me privately if you're interested.

hmm...isnt' scalping legal in Chicago? It's not in Minnesota. I was in Chicago a few years ago and we were going to a Cubs game and there were scalpers selling right in front of the cops. My friend pointed it out to me because we'd never seen that before. I thought you could sell tickets legally anyways as long as you sell them for face value? I've never tried so I don't kow.

scalping clarification:

You can sell them at face value - just not above that. In Minnesota, people will sell you a can of soda pop for $XXXXXX amount of money and throw in a free pair of tickets.

There's a write up in the local paper here about tomorrow nite's concert. I love how they titled it "The Unforgettable Spark" and then proceed to say something about has Lanois found what he's looking for.....It also say he's not working on U2's next album because they are "reportedly working with the Neptunes" ???? weird.

Well, the concert was amazing. I'll be posting about it soon.

The biggest highlight was when I actually got to meet Daniel Lanois. He's such a nice guy. He signed my "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" vinyl single cover. :hyper:

Pictures and story to come. :)

:wave:

~J

Back
Top Bottom