Daniel Day-Lewis has a great body...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
...of work.

An actor as good as him should get more recognition, but I bet he will in the coming months since 'Gangs of New York' is going to kick some serious ass. I can't wait until this comes out, though I imagine he'll be killed by that buck-o-five Leo loser. Does anyone have any advance insight or rumors about 'Gangs'?

If you've never seen 'My Left Foot', go rent it. It's probably his best work and for years I've almost never heard anyone ever talk about it. Anyway...the end.

Last edited:
I thought you were going pleba on us

Absolutly a great actor. I always enjoy his work.
Perhaps, he needs a "Pulp Fiction" like vehicle. Maybe "Gangs" will do that for him.

I really hope that 'Gangs' is upto the benchmark of Scorsese's past great films. And waiting until Christmas is going to kill me, 'Gangs' is released Christmas day and 'The Two Towers' that same week. Too long.

My Beautiful Laundrette, and Unbearable Lightness of Being are also great films with Lewis. Definitely a great actor who deserves more recognition.

what's the movie where he has the Pakistani lover? they had a dry-cleaning business or something, that was a good movie if you're not homophobic

This may bore you

nellie said:
My Beautiful Laundrette

Funny story about when I saw that movie.

A friend of mine and I went to see it when it came out. It got to the part where Daniel kisses his boyfriend up against a wall (I believe). I, um... liked that part, but this old lady in the audience says "Yuck!" just as loud as she can and, then gets up and leaves.

I thought that was so funny at the time, and it still cracks me up.

As you were.

Last of the Mohicans

You surely are correct, daniel does indeed have a great...amount of very good movies under his rather fabulous belt:D

What is it with daniel and the kissing scene? I went along to see "LOTM" just got to the "good bit" the kiss on the wall, with the battle a-ragin' in the background....wtf?!!! the film melted and a great burning hole appeared on the screen . Very bad timing imho.I STILL haven't seen that scene!!

My Left Foot? me and Christy's mum:up: :hug:

Name of the Father...such a lad, such a son, such injustice (pete postlethwaite:heart: ) stepping out in those threads,a dedicated follower, his leopard skin undies when they were going to shoot his knee cap off..I remember those days.ahhh the detail...

Look out, u got me started:laugh:I admire Daniel Day-Lewis

me and news? not likely. there's a lot to look forward to though, isn't there?......sooner rather than later, I hope.!!!

I was disappointed in The Boxer.
In the Name of the Father is one of my fave flicks. Absolutely brilliant film.
The Last of the Mohicans is Day Lewis at his best. He plays a wonderful fopp in The Age of Innocence.

OMC, I can't believe I forgot about In The Name Of The Father when we were listing our fave movies in that other thread...I love that movie!!!

I cant wait for 'Gangs' either. I really hope its gonna be good!

I must also be the only one here who couldnt get to see 'In the Name Of Our Father' I cant manage to find it! :(

Last of the Mohicans was also a great movie. I haven't had the chance to see the others, In The Name Of The Father and The Boxer. I'll be renting those this weekend if I can find it

I loved him in My Left Foot, The Age of Innocence, The Last of the Mohicans and In The Name of the Father. Those are the only movies of his I've seen that I can think of at the moment. I'm so glad he is going to be back on the big screen again. For a while there it seemed like he had dropped off the face of the earth.

Daniel - :heart: :heart: :heart: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom