Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well compared to the women, the men have some work to do, all I kept saying to myself was " hey wayne stop smiling.." his skin is so tightly pulled back he looks like the Joker for goodness sake...

I thought Helio did very well! He looks like a natural and is enjoying himself. Andrew looked like he was having fun...quite the showman!

I hope once they slim down the dancers, it will go back to 2 nights (I can't remember last season's programming). It's hard to compare everyone collectively when the ladies were the night before.

Josie Maran Not a Model Dancer
Wed Sep 26, 6:08 PM

Josie Maran never had problems striking a pose. Pulling off a foxtrot turned out to be a different story.

The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover girl was voted off of Dancing with the Stars Wednesday, becoming the first casualty of the hit ABC show's fifth season.

While Maran, 29, certainly looked stunning in her glittering backless gown, the long skirt couldn't hide what judge Len Goodman called her "one constant": bad footwork.

Resident metaphor king Bruno Tonioli compared the model-actress to "a beautiful sailing ship stranded on a sand bank" and Maran's 16 was the lowest score of all 12 competitors.

"Thanks for being honest, is that what it is?" a glum yet gracious Maran told the judges after getting the news.

"Thank you for this amazing experience…This has changed my life. I have the dancing bug—and I'm going to dance alone," she added sassily.

Partner Alec Mazo, who won the inaugural Dancing crown with Kelly Monaco two summers ago, told the fans at home to reroute their votes to his wife of four weeks, Edyta Sliwinska, who's dancing this season with All My Children star Cameron Mathison.

Barely hanging in there was billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban, who was in the middle of the pack, score-wise, with a 21, but who apparently doesn't yet have the built-in fan base that boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., who only earned an 18 but is 38-0 in the ring, has.

As expected, the appropriately dashing racecar driver Hélio Castroneves and Cheetah Girl Sabrina Bryan, praised for her "surgical precision" footwork, were among the first celebs to find out they were safe for the week.

Bryan and partner Mark Ballas Jr., making his first Dancing appearance, scored a 27 Monday, the highest first-week total awarded to a couple in the show's history. But after praising the 23-year-old for her rockin' cha-cha, judge Carrie Ann Inaba warned the Disney Channel star not to trot any more hip-hop moves out to the ballroom.

"We're already starting to rehearse for next week—tonight!" Bryan told guest host Drew Lachey backstage. Lachey is filling in for Samantha Harris, who's on maternity leave.

Castroneves foxtrotted his way to a 26, which tied the previous record set by Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff on the first episode of season three.

Dolly Parton also stopped by Wednesday night to sing her Oscar-nominated tune "9 to 5" and the new single "Better Get to Livin" from her latest album, Backwoods Barbie. Additionally, tap-dancer extraordinaire Savion Glover brought in noise, funk and some major style with his signature "how does a person's feet move so fast!" brand of showmanship.

Also as expected, Dancing with the Stars hit the ground running this week. Monday's premiere averaged 21.3 million viewers, putting it on par with last season's March debut. We'll wait and see whether the show's new three-night format can maintain the momentum.

Eleven contestants remain to hoof it out for bragging rights and the prestigious disco ball trophy.

well that was no big whoop, do they always drag the results out that long

excuse me, but does Dolly wear a corset to make her boobs look bigger or what, inquiring minds want to know :eyebrow:

I am glad I didn't watch the entire whole show. I don't think I like three nights of my week dedicated to DWTS! I am still :shocked: at Dolly's B (O) (O) B s. DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So are they back to doing girls and guys on the same night or what.

Ok the MUSIC these people dance to is utterly ridiculous. There are SO many good quickstep songs and they choose 99 luft balloons?? :huh: A good song can totally make or break the dance.

Anyway, I am still rooting for Helium. :drool:

Cheetah girl seems to have a lot of fans.. :hmm:

I thought Jonathan and Marie were pretty outstanding, myself. :D

It was GREAT to see Donny and Jimmy Osmond in the audience (after Marie's performance) giving her such support. :up:

Yeah..Cheryl got the shaft with Wayne...but I bet he has a bunch of blue-hairs voting for him!!! I thought Helio was great...but if you watch...it is Julianne who is doing all the dancing there...and he is dong a lot of standing...especially towards the end of the dance...but he has good rythmn and he has great stage presence

Hasnt she won a few already? That's probably why they put her with Wayne.

ya she won 2 in a row, but she didnt win last season. I actually think she likes her pairing for some reason.

Everyone seems to go ga ga over mister vegas, me I cant seem to get past his unmoving facial expression.

Ive never understood his popularity, but still for a guy his age, he is doing his best to keep up Ill give him that

I wasnt too impressed with any of the choices for music, since when is a mambo danced to with popular music, and a wuick step to AHA? I mean come on people.

:|

Back
Top Bottom