Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aliette_vazquez_180x240.jpg

Newly-crowed Dancing with the Stars champ Helio Castroneves has split from his fiancée, Aliette Vazquez.

“I can confirm that Aliette Vazquez and I have called off our engagement and are no longer together,” Castroneves said in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE. “At this time I would prefer to keep my private life private.”

The news comes just hours after the racecar driver raised the mirror ball trophy in triumph on Tuesday’s Dancing finale with his pro partner Julianne Hough.

Earlier in the season, Castroneves pushed back his engagement, telling Entertainment Tonight “we postponed it for a little bit until next year.” “Everything is happening so quick. The (IndyCar Series) championship is over, the dancing started, and basically, I was like, ‘Ali, let’s take it easy. Otherwise, we will be divorced before we get married!’”

Castroneves isn’t the first DWTS contestant to have a wedding take a back seat to the ABC reality series. Last May, Castroneves’s partner on the show, Julianne Hough, also postponed her wedding to ex-fiancé, fellow dancer Zach Wilson, because she was so busy preparing for the current season.

they had that dance off.. I remember that too...but did they actually take the trophy away from Kelly? I did not think that dance off thing was the "official" end...*goes off to google season 1:wink:

From what I can tell Kelly is still the "official" listed winner of season number uno

this snipet from wickepedia explains:

"Some viewers felt the outcome at the end of the season between John O'Hurley and Kelly Monaco was unfair. Based on judges' scores from previous dances, O'Hurley was ranked better than Monaco all times except one. On the final night of the competition, when Monaco and her partner Alec Mazo received a "perfect 10" from each of the judges on the last dance, it beat out O'Hurley and his partner Charlotte Jørgensen by one point in the judges' tally (see Judges' Scoring summary below). As half of the winning points came from the judges' votes, instead of solely from the votes of viewers, those who protested the final standings perceived that Monaco and Mazo had won because of the judges' votes. But this view reflected a misunderstanding of the scoring system; in fact, because the scoring was based on ordinals and the audience vote was the tiebreaker, Monaco and Mazo must have received more audience votes.

In response to the criticism, ABC announced a 90-minute special, Dancing with the Stars: Dance-off, a rematch between Monaco and O'Hurley (with their respective partners), to air September 20, 2005, at the beginning of the fall 2005 television season. The winner, determined solely by fan votes, was announced in a September 22 results show. This time, O'Hurley and Jørgensen emerged as the winners."

Wow. I was not aware of all that, either. I just went on what my sister told me and stuff, as she's watched this more often than me (I saw some of season 2 and all of this last one, and that's it). But thanks for clearing that up :). Gotta love reality shows and their controversy :p.

Sorry to hear that about Helio and his fiance, by the way :(.

Angela

Doozer61 said:

If you are out of the loop, why would you even say a woman won when you didn't really know? WHY LILA WHY???? :scream:

:kiss:

Because.... technically she did :shrug:
And if I recall, she posed for Playboy too :shifty:

lnr206.gif

Yes she posed for Playboy

Julianne has a CD coming out

Julianne Hough is shooting down rumors that she and her Dancing with the Stars partner, Helio Castroneves, are more than friends, exclusively to PEOPLE.

“Oh my God! No!” Hough told PEOPLE Thursday. “I love Helio like he is my brother. We are the best of friends.”

The buzz started after Castroneves confirmed Wednesday that he and his fiancée, Miami business executive Aliette Vazquez, had called off their engagement.

The night before, Castroneves had been crowned the season five Dancing champ.

Hough dealt with a similar situation herself last May when she called off her engagement to dental student Zach Wilson. Rumors circulated that it was because she and her season four partner, speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno, were an item—a rumor both Hough and Ohno vehemently denied.

Perhaps it’s because Hough has had undeniable chemistry with both of her athletic DWTS partners. But, as season five cast member Jennie Garth told Inside Edition Thursday, “When Julianne Hough dances she can have chemistry with a broomstick.”

Hough, 19, is currently in Orlando with Castroneves and several other DWTS cast members for the annual Disneyworld Christmas Parade.

Next week she resumes recording songs for her upcoming CD, which is due to be released in early 2008. Castroneves, meanwhile, will return to Los Angeles for several media obligations before getting “back to my territory, racing the Daytona 24 hours in January,” he said. —Monica Rizzo

I am finally getting caught up on posting this week! I must say a great big :applaud: CONGRATULATIONS to Helio and Julianne, I was rooting for them. Once Marie was voted off I was torn between Mel and Helio, but deep down inside I wanted Julianne to take win #2 2 seasons in a row like Cheryl did. Sorry to hear the break up of Helio and his fiance but what's so different between a celeb break up and a romance broken of an everyday person? It's news....it's PR.....life goes on.

So who's up for the next season as dancers? Donny Osmond I imagine since he won't shut up about it and I wonder if he is or has already been taking lessons?!!! Not sure who wanted a win more, Donnie or Marie!

Regardless, I love the show and will watch again next season. :hyper:

AND.............who is going to watch this dance off between groups Carry Ann and Bruno will be choreographing? It starts in January!

Carek1230 said:
I am finally getting caught up on posting this week! I must say a great big :applaud: CONGRATULATIONS to Helio and Julianne, I was rooting for them. Once Marie was voted off I was torn between Mel and Helio, but deep down inside I wanted Julianne to take win #2 2 seasons in a row like Cheryl did. Sorry to hear the break up of Helio and his fiance but what's so different between a celeb break up and a romance broken of an everyday person? It's news....it's PR.....life goes on.

:up: to everything. Well said.

Carek1230 said:
So who's up for the next season as dancers? Donny Osmond I imagine since he won't shut up about it and I wonder if he is or has already been taking lessons?!!! Not sure who wanted a win more, Donnie or Marie!

LOL, no kidding. I could see him joining the show. Other than that, hm...I dunno who else could go on as dancers. My sister and mom say they would like to see Eric McCormick on there :p.

Carek1230 said:
Regardless, I love the show and will watch again next season. :hyper:

AND.............who is going to watch this dance off between groups Carry Ann and Bruno will be choreographing? It starts in January!

I know my sister wants to see that dance off thing, especially since Drew Lachey will be part of that, so I'll probably see some of that at some point-don't know if I'll watch it regularly, though. I also know I'll see at least some, if not all, of next season's "Dancing With The Stars", too, thanks to her.

Angela

:up:

I think Drew Lachey was instrumental in the original concept of the show. He did well as a dancer, he can sing, he was great filling in for Samantha Harris as an MC so I am looking forward to seeing him on this new up coming show as well!

Back
Top Bottom