damn trojan horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i keep getting a pop up window that says i'm infected with a trojan horse. actually, several different ones. i click the option that says "heal" but i don't know if it's doing any good.

i did a scan with my avg antivirus program. it found 9 infected files, but was only able to remove 5 of them. so i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good trojan horse removal program? i'm downloading a2 right now which is a freeware trojan scanner and removal program.

and what exactly is the difference between a trojan horse and a virus or are they the same thing?

:scream: :banghead: :der:

I have a trojan I've been working to get rid of. No luck yet.

When I visited my mom, she had a nasty trojan on her computer. It took me 9 hours to fix it. :crack:

My brother came round to do something to my computer the other week and it turned out that I had 47 viruses, of which something like 9 were trojans :ohmy:

I didn't know I had them cos something had attacked my anti virus programme, and whilst it looked like it was still there and working, it wasn't :mad:

I can't remember what my bro did to get rid of all the viruses, but I know it involved having to uninstall a load of programmes and reinstall them and that it took hours and hours and hours :|

Trojans are programmes that pretend to do something cool or useful, eg screen savers, etc. But this 'nice' front conceals a nasty behind :) Trjoans don't transfer themselves from one computer to the next though

I have this problem with trojans also and don't know how to get rid of it. Good luck to you and thanks for posting this I have learned a lot with the two relavent responses.Bammo2 - Are you sure they can't transfer to other's computers cuz when I tell someone I have a trojan horse they freak out about me sending things to them. I suppose I should stop refering to it as a virus but I didn't know any better. Now I do - THANKS Abel culd you please follow up on the removal with the free download program?:wink: Thanks again.

wonder if that's what got my computer. i still haven't got that thing fixed...

well so far i haven't been able to figure out how to get that a2 thing to work. i just posted on the dell support forum how to remove the trojans. i'll let you know what they say to do. dell support was very helpful helping me remove spyware a while back.

Back
Top Bottom