damn pop-ups--help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm getting bombarded with stupid pop-ups. I just ran Spyhunter and kicked 18 parasites out of my system. I'm still getting these :censored: stupid pop-ups. Is there a good pop-up blocker that won't nuke my modem? I hate these things.

I mentioned this one also in that other thread about spyware, but Mozilla (Firebird) is an excellent browser WITH the option to block pop-ups. You can download it for free at http://www.mozilla.org (with Mozilla 1.5 for the whole suite including an email client safer than Outlook of Firebird 0.7 for the browser alone).

C ya!

Marty (currently installing the Thunderbird email client on his parents computer)

the google toolbar has a built in pop-up blocker. i don't use it, but i know that A. it's free, B. a lot of other people use it and love it.

olive, when you say pop-ups with explorer, are you talking about the microsoft messenger service (not to be confused with msn messenger)? if so, i have a way to get rid of those pop-ups too. :D

i sometimes use Mozilla at home. it's good :up: i usually forget about it tho cuz IE is my default browser :reject:

KhanadaRhodes said:

olive, when you say pop-ups with explorer, are you talking about the microsoft messenger service (not to be confused with msn messenger)? if so, i have a way to get rid of those pop-ups too. :D

thanks Khanada! But I dont think its microsoft messenger service (cuz i've never heard of that before lol) - it's just plain ol' explorer that these pop-ups "open themselves with"! Thanks tho :wave:

Zone Alarm helps. It's free and it blocks all pop ups, I reccommend it. It also has other great security features.

Zonelabs.com or Zonealarm.com

I recently downloaded the Yahoo blocker..it works and it's free

I think you have to have a Yahoo e-mail account, but that's free too..tons of spam though, unless you pay for the anti-spam features:madspit:

I use AdAware, that works wonders. And I also use SpyBot Seek & Destroy, which I also love.

And to kill pop ups that still sneak through I use the google tool bar, you can either use the enhanced version (that tracks your pages) or the non enhanced. Easy controls, easy to use, and I'd go insane with out it. :)

stokrotka said:
Zone Alarm helps. It's free and it blocks all pop ups, I reccommend it. It also has other great security features.

Zonelabs.com or Zonealarm.com

The free version of Zonealarm doesn't stop popups, but popupstopper stops most if not all and it's also free. That's found at www.panicware.com . I've heard good things about the google tool bar as well.

i'm getting those explorer pop-up ads too... i run spybot, have a pop-up blocker on, and i still get 'em... the thing is playin' with my AIM and my keyboard too... i think it's some new thing that's going around like wildfire lately... i haven't been able to figure it out either... pissin' me off

Back
Top Bottom