Damn Good Coffee...And Hot! The Twin Peaks Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
Twin Peaks was the greatest and most inventive show in television history in my opinion and the movie is my favorite film. I'm wondering if there are those out there that liked the show or the movie. If so tell me why, because I'm interested.

Some of the best scenes from the show were:

In the pilot when the principle told the school about Laura's death and that moment where Donna looks at Laura's empty desk realizing what has happened.

After Bob killed Maddy, when the giant disappears replaced by Julee Cruise singing World Spins. The helplessness of Cooper is heartbreaking.

After Bob leaves, Leland realizes what he has done as Cooper tells him to go into the light.

It is amazing the influence of this show. Here is part of the wikipedia article on the show

"Twin Peaks' legacy can be seen in the slew of "quirky" TV shows that followed it, such as Northern Exposure, Wild Palms, American Gothic, Eerie, Indiana, Picket Fences, The X-Files, Desperate Housewives, Veronica Mars, Lost, Nip/Tuck and Carnivàle. Many of these series have been referred to as "the next Twin Peaks", either before their run or after popular success."

For anyone who doesn't know anything about the show here's the whole wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

my favorite series ever. i'd talk about it more, but i really have to urinate!

Great, great show. I have the premiere and the first season on DVD.

Unfortunately, I think the show really went downhill after they had the big reveal of Who Killed Laura Palmer. It got silly and too bizarre.

However ... the final episode? Scariest thing I've ever seen on TV.

Twin Peaks was a great, bizarre show -- which, sadly, jumped the shark after its first season.

FYI, Kyle MacLaclan fans: He's now playing Orson the Dentist/Bree's latest weirdo fiance on Desperate Housewives.

Last edited:
I absolutely love this show, :drool: Weird, scary, surreal, inventive, with great idiosyncratic characters. Yeah, it went downhill after the mystery was revealed but IMO there was still something to enjoy in each episode and the finale gave me nightmares, :ohmy: I've never looked at the red curtains the same way ever since.

Back
Top Bottom