Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not realize women's gymnastics was on NBC (all I've had was CBC until tonight).

It's a surprisingly compelling sport.

Last edited:
The Romanian girl was better.

The Jamaican sprinters are unreal. The Americans are really having a terrible, terrible track & field meet in just about every event so far. The Canadians are nonexistent, so I can't even bitch properly.

I'm not a big fan of the way gymnastics is being scored these days. It's entirely too open to subjectivity/bias and arbitrary deductions that may or may not be appropriate.

I'm not a big fan of the way gymnastics is being scored these days. It's entirely too open to subjectivity/bias and arbitrary deductions that may or may not be appropriate.

As opposed to years past? :scratch:

As opposed to years past? :scratch:

Yeah, it's the same basic thing, but it's gotten worse in recent years. There's no such thing as a perfect score anymore. Nadia and Mary Lou wouldn't get them anymore. It's gotten tougher, and they are judged in a more picky fashion, at least from what I've seen.

Does anyone know if Shawn will be competing in both the balance beam AND uneven bar finals?

I'm sure she'll be on beam but I hope she's on bars, too.

You can still get it Shawn!

Someone out there believes in you.

I think SJ is competing on everything but bars, Nastia on everything but vault.

Wow, some Chinese guy I've never heard of just hurt his achilles right before he was to run, and now he can't run. That must suck. To train and train and train and train and then hurt yourself right before the big moment.

Cool, thanks. That's what I figured actually.

Shawn and Nastia are probably the two best in the world on beam so that should be interesting.

How are you on Beam?

jim_beam.jpg

Back
Top Bottom