Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We watched the end of the Cats/Suns game last night... aside from Sean's (birthday boy for the BBQ we held) sudden and vocal conversion to a Cats supporter, the most notable thing I saw was that big sign in the crowd saying "GARY WHO?"

Buuuuuurn.

I loved the sign saying "CHAPMAN YOU CAN SLEEP WITH MY WIFE".

... shit, no. I'd recognise the name if I saw it, I think, but that doesn't help you much!

I could just turn my chair 180 degrees and dig around in the Travel Stuff box, or search through gmail, but that's just too hard. *L* Looking at the site, I think we got one of those x-non-consecutive-days in a month ones. Six-day passes like that are $642 now... no idea what we paid.

Looks like I got a 4-day pass... $313 two years ago, now $488. :crack:

ETA: Wait, wait, I was looking at first class... now it's $325. *phew*

Yeah, I know no one cares but me... :tongue:

Who you callin' butthead, butthead?

Obviously, I'm Beavis.

Beavis_uh-huh.jpg

(Duh.)

Last night I got stoned and watched The Lion King.

Oh yes, it doesn't sound like the night of nights, but you know that deep down, you're jealous.

I don't think I would have enjoyed that, if only because of that traumatic scene at the start. That was bad enough when I was completely sober (and in a jam-packed boiling hot small-town cinema full of screaming children).

And what has happened to the Doggies since last year? Not that I'm complaining or anything...

I can't believe what's happened to both the Dogs and the Saints after last year. You'd think they'd at least show signs of challenging for the eight, but NO. Saints vs Collingwood next week is just going to be sad.

I just described a match-up as being similar to the Richmond Tigers and the Brisbane Lions, and expected the non-Aussie to know what I was talking about. :doh:

You people and your country have poisoned my brain.

Guys! The quiet guy sitting next to me at work is a closet 80's U2 fan. I mentioned the gig and he asked me if they played IWF!

HA. Thank you Wikipedia Random button. I have just ruined "Stranger In A Strange Land" for myself. :canberra:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom