Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fire eye'd boy give em all the slip
fire eye'd boy give em all the slip
if you want some you better make it quick
fire eye'd boy gets his ass whipped

Charlotte and I were wondering where to make our next day trip, so I thought I'd see what there is to do in Gippsland ... judging by the website of Gippsland Tourism, it's still about 1998 there.

Oh, joy, triumphant return of the cluster headaches. Someone just kill me.

AX!!!!!!!! :panic:

I just used the word "restauranteur" in my essay, only for the red squiggly line of shit to show up. Apparently it's spelt "restaurateur". Is that true? Apparently it's more formal, more accepted, more British (and I always pertain to British English). But I think that's rubbish. The word restaurant has an "n" in it, for fuck's sake.

I just used the word "restauranteur" in my essay, only for the red squiggly line of shit to show up. Apparently it's spelt "restaurateur". Is that true? Apparently it's more formal, more accepted, more British (and I always pertain to British English). But I think that's rubbish. The word restaurant has an "n" in it, for fuck's sake.

Friggin' Spellcheck.

Actually, this is completely new to me! I've never had to use the word, let alone encountered this spelling issue. :lol:

I see dictionary.com has this note:

The English word 'restaurateur', borrowed from French, still exists in modern French in the same form and with the same meaning. The variant spelling 'restauranteur', influenced by the more familiar English word 'restaurant', is gaining some currency, but has traditionally been considered erroneous.

The more you know!

For what it's worth, I had never heard of this convention. It's always been "restauranteur" to me... :uhoh:

In other news, are we all looking forward to this tomorrow?

Get ready to freeze tomorrow

:|

:hyper: It's 11 PM and I can still see the tiniest shreds of daylight/twilight. I think this would be an appropriate time to listen to the U2 song.

We've had snow in our mountains deep enough to ski on for at least 220 days so far. I kinda keep hoping the weather will stay cool, to see if the ski season can last a full 365 days.

I just don't get why "pay your bill, get your pay tv/internet/phone service" is such a hard concept for people to grasp.

Like you, I just don't get why "Stop being a low life and do something not to leech money off Centrelink in the near future" is such a hard concept for people to grasp. I don't say it, but I think it multiple times in a day. I get where you're coming from.

I was distressed to find that I could not enter a competition on my computer.

I'd never looked up Castlemaine on Wikipedia before...

"In 1859, the historic Castlemaine Football Club was established, and recent evidence makes it the second oldest football club in Australia and one of the oldest football clubs in the world."

Who knew!

I was distressed to find that I could not enter a competition on my computer.

a) I'm pretty sure you can, and

b) Who needs to enter competitions when you're the lucky 1,000,000th visitor to this site and all you need to do is click this annoying flashing banner ad to WIN WIN WIN!!!!

etc.

:wink:

Ah yes!

I can't open the keyboard with a key. :no:

(For whom it may interest, I'm listening to that Loveless album everyone loves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom