Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started drinking beer recently. Today it is Carlsberg because our visitor likes this beer.

Last weekend because of having another different visitor I guzzled quite a lot of wine.

I think I have 2 bottles of vodka and malibu in my room that I was given for my birthday and never touched. We should have a big party and use it all up. :hmm:

Great title :up:

Is this just a chat thread??

Carlsberg beer :drool:

Lara Mullen said:
I have started drinking beer recently. Today it is Carlsberg because our visitor likes this beer.

Last weekend because of having another different visitor I guzzled quite a lot of wine.

I think I have 2 bottles of vodka and malibu in my room that I was given for my birthday and never touched. We should have a big party and use it all up. :hmm:

I love Malibu. :drool:

I had two Smithwicks last night. Good stuff.

I was never a big beer drinker, either, Laura, until about four years ago. It's definitely an aquired taste, lol.

really? beer is the only alcoholic beverage i've drank because it's the only one i can get past my nose due to the sickening smell of wine, and raspberry vodka just grossed me out.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I love Malibu. :drool:

I had two Smithwicks last night. Good stuff.

I was never a big beer drinker, either, Laura, until about four years ago. It's definitely an aquired taste, lol.

They say that about Guinness. A friend said they had bought me a glass one evening. It was warm and they admitted it had been sitting there all night and belonged to a stranger. It puts me off ever trying it again.

Vodka and diet coke doesn't have a strong smell or taste. Malibu is just delicious. :up:

IWasBored said:
really? beer is the only alcoholic beverage i've drank because it's the only one i can get past my nose due to the sickening smell of wine, and raspberry vodka just grossed me out.

blasphemy!

raspberry vodka

:drool:

soul waits, do you speak french / dutch / something else?

i had bread from belgium when i went to amsterdam.

i think i have drank too much beer. :|

Lara Mullen said:
soul waits, do you speak french / dutch / something else?

i had bread from belgium when i went to amsterdam.

i think i have drank too much beer. :|

I live in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, but also speak French and English.

And yeah, we bake great bread here :drool:

I was filled with loads of soup and fruit before I tried the bread. There was a lot of food.

I am supposed to be able to speak French but I'm woeful at it. I tried to woo Marty with my Dutch speaking skills, I wasn't very good. :D

I study French and Spanish at university. I can't wait to finish, I am in my final year when I come home. I learn, if you can call it that, Dutch in pieces (and that was counting and saying hello, how are you). :lol: It just sounds like mumbling to me. My Dad says it sounds like German. We like languages at home.

I was told my pronunciation in Dutch is very good. :D

My English was mocked by a Dutch person after having a cup of coffee with them for about 30 minutes :slant:

I was told to "Watch your hurr (hair) when your plane falls out of the err (air)"

Our accent does suck though :lol:

dandy said:
:lol:

they're teaching me dutch now too.

:D

what are you learning.

soul waits, do you also have animals in bars there?

i was really astoudned at seeing cats in places where you eat or drink.

i got a couple of pronunciation lessons today, and learned the dutch words for sheep, you, we, football...

and of course, cranky.

:D

Lara Mullen said:
soul waits, do you also have animals in bars there?

i was really astoudned at seeing cats in places where you eat or drink.

animals in bars? i don't know that i like the sounds of that.

:scratch:

i had about 4 people telling me how to say "lekker" and then they said i sucked because i couldn't roll my r's. :lol:

i also learnt some choice phrases and how to say fairies. :up:

Lara Mullen said:
I was told my pronunciation in Dutch is very good. :D

My English was mocked by a Dutch person after having a cup of coffee with them for about 30 minutes :slant:

I was told to "Watch your hurr (hair) when your plane falls out of the err (air)"

Our accent does suck though :lol:

Well, it's all about da hurr, isn't it?

:reject:
Yeah, now that you mention it, I see people with their dog in the occasional café, yes.

But, cats? That's just weird :hmm:

dandy said:

animals in bars? i don't know that i like the sounds of that.

:scratch:

there were cats in the pancake house, in the bars, in our hotel, everywhere.

i also liked that everyone had a bike. in amsterdam they'd run you over if you get near their cycle lane though. i liked how people would cycle while texting or with a friend perched on the back or with their briefcase on the way to work. they also had a great invention which was a little cart they attached to the front/ back of the bike and the parents put their child(ren) in it. :up:

i got a little tour of a tiny town while i was there too and got to see a windmill and...uhm... the train station. i am just not someone you want to take in a car in europe because they drive on the other side of the road. i was sitting perched in the back clinging onto my seat because i thought we were driving the wrong way the entire time. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom