Cute Pet Pictures!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosloveslave said:

Sorry - I haven't checked back in here :reject:

Molly is actually doing good for the moment. She is much more comforatable and the catheter site looks great. I still have to rebandage it every few days, but she's very good for it. She's had urinary tract infections though so she will probably be on antibiotics long-term. I will be back on campus in a little over a week, and while I'm back we'll set up her second surgery to replace this catheter. She'll have a super short one put in and won't have to have a bandage on :) I'm also thinking about chemotherapy for her, but I've got to crunch the numbers and see if we can actually afford it :huh:

Beth! :hug:
Molly is so freakin adorable by the way! How old is she?
And forgive my ignorance, i'm not here all that much....I have no clue what is wrong with Molly....what's wrong with her? Poor sweetie! :sad:
I just wanna hug her right now! :heart:
I hope she recovers from whatever she is suffering from...poor thing.

Last edited:
Sicy said:
Master Saki in a box

sakibox2.jpg

Zoey lookin cute with her thumbs

bootoes.jpg

wow! Saki is all grown up now! :cute: such sweet kitties, Sicy! :wave:

mmmBono said:

Beth! :hug:
Molly is so freakin adorable by the way! How old is she?
And forgive my ignorance, i'm not here all that much....I have no clue what is wrong with Molly....what's wrong with her? Poor sweetie! :sad:
I just wanna hug her right now! :heart:
I hope she recovers from whatever she is suffering from...poor thing.

She is a cocker spaniel mix (only about 18 lbs) and will be 13 on Memorial Day. She has cancer of the cells that line the bladder and urethra - it's been affecting her urethra for the most part so basically as the cancer grows she has a smaller and smaller opening to pass urine out of. We put a tube in her bladder through her belly preventatively, so that once she gets to the point that she can't pee on her own, I can just pull the stopper out of the tube and her bladder will drain by gravity. You wouldn't even know she had cancer if it wasn't for her urinary troubles :)

bonosloveslave said:

She is a cocker spaniel mix (only about 18 lbs) and will be 13 on Memorial Day. She has cancer of the cells that line the bladder and urethra - it's been affecting her urethra for the most part so basically as the cancer grows she has a smaller and smaller opening to pass urine out of. We put a tube in her bladder through her belly preventatively, so that once she gets to the point that she can't pee on her own, I can just pull the stopper out of the tube and her bladder will drain by gravity. You wouldn't even know she had cancer if it wasn't for her urinary troubles :)

oh god i'm so sorry Beth...poor Molly...she sounds like a tough little one :cute:
is it painful for her to pee now?
i would imagine so...i've had one UTI in my whole life...and that was WOW! the pain was unbelievable!
i really hope Molly is not in pain!
Is chemo going to be helpful for her? Or would it reduce her quality of life? Is chemo as bad for dogs as it is for humans (the nausea,etc)?

She is on a sort of chemo drug right now called feldane/piroxicam - it's an anti-inflammatory drug so it helps with pain, but a side effect that they've found is that it can slow growth or even shrink these bladder cancers. They aren't exactly sure how it works, but it helps in 2 ways and is pretty cheap (about 50 cents a day) so she'll be on that for life.

There is stronger chemo that she could be put on to futher shrink or halt the growth of the cancer cells, but they are fairly expensive (which has so far been the limiting factor for me). One is given IV, and at the Oncology practice I'm at, runs about $600 per treatment (usually a total of 5). Another chemo option for her is to give a drug though the catheter and let it sit in her bladder for a period of time, then suck it back out, that way it doesn't have to circulate through her liver and kidneys. With animals, we give lower doses of chemo, mainly used to just slow the spread of the cancer cells or to kill cells left behind microscopically after a tumor has been cut out.

With people, they give really high doses to try to kill everything so people can be cured. This is why people get side effects of being sick, hair falling out, etc. They can be told that they'll be sick for a few weeks/months, and then hopefully will be cured. We can't tell animals that they'll feel like they're dying for a few weeks and then it will be better, so we always consider their quality of life. With some chemo drugs they may vomit once or twice after the initial dose, and if that happens we give them medication for the vomiting and/or decrease the dose the next time. Most animals don't have any side effects at all. Some of the truly 'haired' breeds will lose hair, like Bichons or Poodles.

Of all the cancers to get, this is probably one of the better ones because it is very slow growing and doesn't often spread elsewhere.

beth good luck with molly :hug:

Catman I lightened your pics up for you. How cute :lol: :cute:

3397799923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234979%3A6742ot1lsi

3397799923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234979%3A6743ot1lsi

bonosloveslave said:
She is on a sort of chemo drug right now called feldane/piroxicam - it's an anti-inflammatory drug so it helps with pain, but a side effect that they've found is that it can slow growth or even shrink these bladder cancers. They aren't exactly sure how it works, but it helps in 2 ways and is pretty cheap (about 50 cents a day) so she'll be on that for life.

There is stronger chemo that she could be put on to futher shrink or halt the growth of the cancer cells, but they are fairly expensive (which has so far been the limiting factor for me). One is given IV, and at the Oncology practice I'm at, runs about $600 per treatment (usually a total of 5). Another chemo option for her is to give a drug though the catheter and let it sit in her bladder for a period of time, then suck it back out, that way it doesn't have to circulate through her liver and kidneys. With animals, we give lower doses of chemo, mainly used to just slow the spread of the cancer cells or to kill cells left behind microscopically after a tumor has been cut out.

With people, they give really high doses to try to kill everything so people can be cured. This is why people get side effects of being sick, hair falling out, etc. They can be told that they'll be sick for a few weeks/months, and then hopefully will be cured. We can't tell animals that they'll feel like they're dying for a few weeks and then it will be better, so we always consider their quality of life. With some chemo drugs they may vomit once or twice after the initial dose, and if that happens we give them medication for the vomiting and/or decrease the dose the next time. Most animals don't have any side effects at all. Some of the truly 'haired' breeds will lose hair, like Bichons or Poodles.

Of all the cancers to get, this is probably one of the better ones because it is very slow growing and doesn't often spread elsewhere.
thank you SO much for that, Beth.
one thing is for sure....Molly is in good hands with you around. :heart:
wow those chemo treatments are expensive :shocked:
well...here's to hoping and praying that Molly's cancer stays put or goes away altogether. :)

Wow, the pics look a lot better, now. Thanks, Sicy :wave:

"how in the fook did you get your cat to do that?"

hahha, I dunno! She's always finding these odd places around the house to sleep at. Like last week, for example, I was looking all over for Ms. Flufferstuff and just could NOT find her. Well, as it turned out, this is where she had been resting...

http://images.snapfish.com/3397799923232fp58=ot>232;=686=798=XROQDF>232349797:;<9ot1lsi

...in the cupboard! She's a crazy little thing

:eek:

Last edited:
a blast from the past...just seeing if I can work this thing

this is the photo of Gustovox I keep in my wallet. I love it.
He was the best
**crosses fingers**

gustovox-oldmate2000.jpg

it worked! :dance:
look out!...now I can post pics of my new pup:macdevil:
but where?

I've owned him since Saturday, it's Wednesday already and despite a family "thinktank" last night we still haven't found his name. Maybe I shoud ask catman for advice?

just trying to work out what size these things should be

Two in a million....:heart:
GustovoxMcEdge2.jpg

LOL! I love the glasses on the guy (Gustovox is, truly, an AWESOME name...I kid you not :wink: ) By the looks of it, he sounds like he was one heckuvan animal :yes:

How old is your new pup, cass?? GIVE PICS!!1 omg hi2u! a/s/l ???
Seriously, I want to see the little guy...now. No joke, I've always been like "cats are better than dogs...no competition," but I took a walk the other day and this dog just KEPT FOLLOWING ME. I was like "hey dog, I'm not your owner...I'm a catman" and the dog was like "hey...I'm following you, boy" and *I* was like "hey, you better not do that. your master is gonna be all mad and pissed off at you." But the dog didn't listen and kept following me, so we walked off into the sunset...

Okay, I lied. I've always liked dogs. NOW GIVE PICS OF THE NEW PUP!!!!

:wave:

NAYA...that cat rules. Honestly, just look at it! I love how it rests it's head on the pillow :D

Aaaaaaand in other news, Ms. Fluff has given birth to a litter of 4 kittens :faint: At the moment, she's within the ruins of thy closet...

http://images.snapfish.com/339:899523232fp54=ot>232;=686=798=XROQDF>23234::66525:ot1lsi

You can't really see the babies in that pic...they sorta nestled underneath the Fluffer. But that's all for now, folks...

AND CASS!! Show puppy photo :mad:

:wink:

Catman said:
NAYA...that cat rules. Honestly, just look at it! I love how it rests it's head on the pillow :D

:D Thanks ! Your cat is very nice too. Congrats on the little kittens.

Zidane`s very affectionate and smart. He`s the best Xmas present ever!:heart:

Im glad you guys like the pics. :)

Last edited:
Catman said:
By the looks of it, he sounds like he was one heckuvan animal :yes:
How old is your new pup, a/s/l[/i]

He certainly was, his full name was With Great Gusto, a name that suited him to a T. He was had a great voice too. Seriously, he could sing and do impersonations of Chewbacca.

I like the pics of your Ms Flufferstuff in the high chair:)
It's funny how we give them titles, my other old dog was Miss Potter.
and naya, Zidane is a cutie, bright eyes and nicely shaped head. I like ginger toms.He is sleeping in the exact spot my chihuahua likes to sleep...wel actually, the chi likes to be ON the pillow. Someone suggested I call my pup Ronaldo:D
football pets:heart:

wow, this thread makes me happy!

Here's my guinea pigs (my only pets....at the moment). I have a brown, a black, and a gray female and two babies, pictured here 12 hours old (there father was brown, black, and white mix). The lighter one is a girl (I'm keeping) and the darker a boy (for my friend).

pig15.JPG

pig14.JPG

pig12.JPG

pig4.JPG

pig19.JPG

pig2.JPG

awww...wooters:heart:
I used to breed guinea pigs. I plan to have them again one day. They are great photos LivLuv. They look very sleek. I saw something recently in the newspaper that made me:cute:
A birthday greeting to a 5 year old boy who, in the photo was holding a guinea pig. It said "from mum and dad and the wooters"
A great way to describe them...doesn't that "woot woot" sound they make when they see you make you feel loved?
kittens and puppies and piglets:heart:
I met a buckskin mare today I could easily fall in love with. It is SO great to see a well-cared for horse.
My new pup is slowly but surely eating my computer desk:eyebrow:

more pics! more pics! please:)

MeandPlonky4.jpg

Oh gawd, now I really am bored. I dont have any pets at the moment. Not unless you count Brooke and Ridge the spiders in my toilet whom are both not available for a photo shoot at present. So.... heres my first pet, my cat Plonky.

cass said:
awww...wooters:heart:

A great way to describe them...doesn't that "woot woot" sound they make when they see you make you feel loved?

Haha, I've always referred to it as a "wheek!". Actually, on Friday I put the mom and female baby back in the big cage with my two other females, so the baby boy is all alone (he was starting to act...male...around the mother...) He has been SCREAMING non-stop ever since. My boyfriend says now his voice is hoarse so he's not so loud, but before you could hear him two floors below. He's so sad without mom. I can't believe something 3 inches long can make so much noise. It's like having a human newborn...you sit still so they're quiet and the second you move to tip-toe out of the room, they start screaming again. Poor little thing sounds like he's being tortured!

My friend who he's going to named him Snickers and she's looking into getting him fixed so he can have a cage-mate eventually. I named my baby female Lucky because both of them truly are lucky to be alive! (the mom was older, 8-9 mos, when she got pregnant (first time) by accident, this is bad news if you're not familiar with guinea pigs, the females' pelvic bones fuse around 7 mos if they've never given birth).

I made mp3s of the two of them crying, I'll post them here tomorrow...

Guinea pig babies are the cutest babies of ANY animal (and I'm saying this even though cats are my real favorite). They're like those older toys that you pull behind you on a string and the faster you run, the louder the toy sounds. They just follow mom around squeaking and jumping - "popcorning". Plus they're born with fur, teeth, eyes and ears open, and can eat solid foods.

Last edited:
Catman will you be getting Ms. Fluff spayed.. I hope. What are you going to do with the kittens?

Pics of the kittens please :cute:

"Catman will you be getting Ms. Fluff spayed.. I hope. What are you going to do with the kittens?"

Yaaaaaah, she shall be spayed :ohmy: We were going to take her to the vet, but she kinda fooled around with a street kitty before we could get the job done :huh: Our family got a real NASTY letter from a mysterious neighbor in our area a few weeks ago about some cats getting pregnant...not really sure we deserved that letter. Anyhoo, the lady sounded like a real :coocoo:

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND, joyfulgirl's Chester looks great! Reminds me of the lead cat from the movie "Cats & Dogs." You know...the one that tries to take over the world :lol: That was a great movie :shifty:

Yah, so while I'm in here, I might as well submit another one of my kitty pics...

http://images.snapfish.com/339<692323232fp54=ot>232;=686=798=XROQDF>23234;79;;45:ot1lsi

^^ That's SNOWFLAKE :D She's, like, our oldest cat (pushing 8 this May) :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom