Cursing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you swear?

• Yeah, like a wounded pirate

Votes: 37 39.8%
  • Yes, but never to curse someone out

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Yes, but only occasionally

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Yes, but only if it's a really bad situation (hurting yourself, etc.)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • No, I try not to, but I could care less if others do

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No, and it makes me uncomfortable when others do it

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • No, and I'll confront anyone who does in public

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a loser and won't choose any of the options, but I want to see the results anyways

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
pirate.gif

It depends. I can control it pretty well (never around parents or in work situations), but in certain situations and just around certain people I become a wounded pirate.

The one place where it becomes completely second nature to curse uncontrollably is in my car when I'm driving alone. :wink:

Yep I swear like ****, sometimes it gets the point across a lot better i.e telling someone to "Go Away" or telling someone to "**** Off". What one would you listen to more.

Yes but only occasionally like when I'm really upset or angry and never in front of my kids or parents, my dad would kill me!

i really try not to and i'm very good about when i cant swear - like in front of parents etc - i'm as good as an angel then!

i work in a very high-pressured but "unstrict" environment.
its gets very manic and everyone starts shooting their mouth off, even my manager who's often heard saying "what the fck are you doing" or "why the fck is this taking so long" or " oh for fcks sake"
in turn, theres no restraint on our side and we're very often heard repeating such things back to her or each other!

ultimately its a stress release - lets be honest "fudge" and "sherbet" dont have the same effect and screaming "FFFFFFFF**************CCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!"at the top of your voice when everything goes hideously and career-threateningly wrong!

i do have a mouth like a sailor though and i would like to improve it slightly - i'm trying i really am!

A_Wanderer said:
I learned how to swear in Chinese.

Whedon fan. :tsk:

Hwoon dahn!
Bastard

Nee mun doh BEE-jway!
Everybody, shut the hell up!

Ai ya! Hwai leh!
Shit on my head!

Ta ma duh!
Fuck me blind!

And my favorite,
Nee ta ma duh tyen-shia suo-yo duh run doh gai si
Fuck everyone in the universe to death

Mostly I swear only when stressed, hurt or angered or driving a car without passengers, :).

And though English is my second language I prefer to curse in English exclusively. Russian hardcore swearing is so foul it really scrapes my ears.

last person i cursed was a bum that ran into me asking for my penis :shifty:

No and it sometimes strikes me in a negative way when others do - especially when swearing takes the place of intelligent communication.

melon said:
I voted for #3. I generally try to remain a fairly eloquent speaker, but, especially when I get mad, I will start swearing every other word...lol. Aside from anger, you'll rarely hear a swear word uttered from me.

Melon

Same here.

When I'm mad I curse like a trooper.

I try to be ladylike most of the time.
:shifty:

A_Wanderer said:
I learned how to swear in Chinese.

My friends taught me how to curse in Catalan and Spanish.
They will teach me more...choice phrases in French next time apparently.

On my daily commute, like a pirate! :lol: Where do some people learn to drive anyway???? :mad:

Watching Michigan play on TV or at the stadium, my brother and I would be like a pirate. However, my 10 year old nephew is now into football and is usually with us. So I have to mind my p's and q's now in that situation.

Well it all depends on the situation and the way your using it, i use fucking instead of really most of the time.............. hardly ever at anyone though..

Back
Top Bottom