Cunter, Switzerland superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:
i tried, i really did try to make one, but i just cant bring myself to feel the hate.

:reject:
:hug:
It's okay Jen, some of us have to fly the flag for the fans who actually still like U2... I get the feeling we're few and far between sometimes :wink:

Need. New. Album.
(At least there will be fresh songs for people to bash - assuming they don't all get pre-bashed based on badly warped dodgy recordings.)

Alisaura said:
:hug:
It's okay Jen, some of us have to fly the flag for the fans who actually still like U2... I get the feeling we're few and far between sometimes :wink:

Because your thoughts on the last couple of albums are so complimentary sometimes ... :wink:

(At least there will be fresh songs for people to bash - assuming they don't all get pre-bashed based on badly warped dodgy recordings.)

We don't even need recordings to bash things. Just a Bono quote will do. This is already ATYCLB Part III. :down:

Hey Jen ...

Tunnels.jpg

Axver said:
Because your thoughts on the last couple of albums are so complimentary sometimes ... :wink:
Not 'getting' an album (I do like Bomb) and disliking the band are different things...

And I'm not having this conversation, cos bashing the bashers is as pointless as bashing songs. (And I'm not saying I've never done it.)

:happy:

*orders ambulance for Jen for November '08*
Hey, it can pick me up from my 30th bash too... Ambulance pooling :up:

Alisaura said:

Not 'getting' an album (I do like Bomb) and disliking the band are different things...

And I'm not having this conversation, cos bashing the bashers is as pointless as bashing songs. (And I'm not saying I've never done it.)

Oh come on, bashing's fun sometimes ... :wink:

I wonder what I count as, seeing I love the eighties stuff and Passengers but sincerely wish U2 had broken up in Berlin. :hmm:

Axver said:
Oh come on, bashing's fun sometimes ... :wink:

I wonder what I count as, seeing I love the eighties stuff and Passengers but sincerely wish U2 had broken up in Berlin. :hmm:
I admit it can be cathartic to express one's frustration with certain episodes or elements that one may find... disappointing.

And I don't really believe that you sincerely wish that. :wink:

You're clearly one of the old-school fans who just don't get the irony and all that 90s stuff :giggle:

Alisaura said:

I admit it can be cathartic to express one's frustration with certain episodes or elements that one may find... disappointing.

And jokes about Bono's hyperbole are fun. :up:

And I don't really believe that you sincerely wish that. :wink:

You're clearly one of the old-school fans who just don't get the irony and all that 90s stuff :giggle:

:lol: No, actually, I pretty much do. Sure, I wouldn't get Passengers, but then U2's reputation from the eighties would be intact. That would be the ultimate collection of music to leave to the world, untarnished by anything. No Zoo TV, no Miami, no ATYCLB, no HTDAAB, no ten minute One speeches ...

Axver said:
:lol: No, actually, I pretty much do. Sure, I wouldn't get Passengers, but then U2's reputation from the eighties would be intact. That would be the ultimate collection of music to leave to the world, untarnished by anything. No Zoo TV, no Miami, no ATYCLB, no HTDAAB, no ten minute One speeches ...
I'm sure you know what their reputation was like post R&H... the world wasn't glorying in the Lovetown tour, it was laughing at the too-serious, self-righteous, self-important pompous rock stars who dared to compare themselves to the Beatles and BB King and Elvis and all that, and do so in a dirty great big hyped up Hollywood movie, at that. Not to mention the ten-minute SBS speeches... :wink:

Yeah, I just need to learn to shut up.

Alisaura said:

I'm sure you know what their reputation was like post R&H... the world wasn't glorying in the Lovetown tour, it was laughing at the too-serious, self-righteous, self-important pompous rock stars who dared to compare themselves to the Beatles and BB King and Elvis and all that, and do so in a dirty great big hyped up Hollywood movie, at that. Not to mention the ten-minute SBS speeches... :wink:

Yeah, I just need to learn to shut up.

At the time, yes. But 10 years down the track, who's to say that the general opinion wouldn't have been revised? That's happened to plenty of bands - albums and even entire careers slagged off at the time, but later on embraced and held in high regard.

And Australia and New Zealand were glorying in the Lovetown Tour! Fuck what the European and American media said! This part of the world knew a good thing when it heard it ... :drool:

The Sad Punk said:
I think it's safe to say that people hated U2 since the beginning.

It's just that we wish One never happened. :wink:
Fair enough.
I just don't want to imagine a world without Wake Up Dead Man. :wink:

Or Melb I and II...

Axver said:
And Australia and New Zealand were glorying in the Lovetown Tour! Fuck what the European and American media said! This part of the world knew a good thing when it heard it ... :drool:
America paid for what its media said, by not getting Lovetown :wink:

(Not that it did my ten/eleven-year-old self any good that Australia got it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom